Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage Super Quick Homemade
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Can save you Money.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Keep reading for some methods to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Although it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and possibly this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances can boil water as well as steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. You get the highest energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher just before commencing a wash cycle. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably straightforward to live green, of course. Mostly, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun smoked duck sausage recipe. To cook cajun smoked duck sausage you only need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage:
- Get of Ingredients.
- Prepare of duck meat.
- Take of pork.
- Prepare of pork fat.
- You need of bacon.
- Get of butter.
- You need of onions, diced.
- Provide of celery, diced.
- Use of green onions, diced.
- Provide of garlic, minced.
- Use of port wine.
- Use of cognac.
- Use of thyme.
- Prepare of cracked black pepper.
- Take of parsley, chopped.
- Use of sea salt (about 2 tablespoon).
- Get of cayenne pepper (about 1.5 tablespoon).
- Take of – 12 feet (35-38 mm) sausage casing.
Steps to make Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage:
- Grind the duck, pork, pork fat, and bacon using the fine cutting blade of a meat grinder. Place in a bowl and set aside..
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, celery, green onion, and garlic until wilted..
- Remove from heat and add the port and cognac. Return to the stove burner and ignite the cognac with a kitchen match and allow it to burn off..
- Reduce the liquid to about half the volume. Mix in the thyme and black pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely..
- Add the cooled veggies to the ground meat. Add the parsley, salt, and cayenne. Mix well by hand..
- To check the seasoning, take a small ball of the sausage and form a patty. Fry until no longer pink. Allow to cool and taste. Adjust seasonings accordingly..
- Stuff into sausage casings using the sausage attachment of a meat grinder. TIP: if you don't feel like stuffing your own sausage, you local butcher will probably do it for you for a nominal fee..
- Smoke the sausages at a temperature of 175°F until the internal temperature is 160°F. You can serve right away or vacuum pack and freeze until later and just warm up on the grill..
- TIP: a standard package of casings is usually enough for 50 feet of sausage. If you have leftover casings, do not freeze them. That well weaken them and make them prone to tearing. Drain them, and repack them with sea salt and store in the refrigerator. They will last forever. Natural casings aren't expensive but I just hate to waste anything..
Cajun gumbo is the tomato-free version of this legendary Louisiana stew, though there are otherwise very few rules that govern what goes into the pot. In this recipe, we use the classic combo of chicken and andouille sausage, but feel free to change it up with other proteins. One of my favorite satisfied customers. Take your time making this sumptuous gumbo with duck legs, pork hock, sausage, shrimp, and crawfish meat. Serve it with a scoop of cooked rice for a This can be made with hundreds of different combinations of smoked meats, game, poultry, and seafood, and in my opinion, the more the merrier.
If you find this Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.