Steps to Make Stuffed Chayote Squash Super Quick Homemade
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Stuffed Chayote Squash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Chayote Squash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we should stay away from them. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to eat. A number of foods really do boost your mood when you eat them. When you feel a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, try some of these.
Put together a trail mixout of a variety of seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all helpful for elevating your mood. This is possible because these foods have a bunch of magnesium which increases your production of serotonin. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The higher your serotonin levels, the happier you will feel. Nuts, on top of elevating your mood, can be a superb protein source.
See, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed chayote squash recipe. You can cook stuffed chayote squash using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed Chayote Squash:
- Take of medium chayote squash.
- Get of chorizo.
- Take of small corn on the cob.
- You need of red bell pepper chopped.
- Use of salsa (your favorite kind).
- Use of cilantro (I love cilantro so I add a bit more).
- You need of Pepper Jack cheese.
Instructions to make Stuffed Chayote Squash:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut chayote in half lengthwise..
- Cook in a pot of boiling water 20-30 min. Until tender but firm..
- Remove from water and cool..
- While the chayote is cooling cook chorizo in a sauce pan. When fully cooked drain onto paper towel. ( I just put a paper towel in a bowl and drop chorizo on it then let it drain).
- Remove kernels from corn cob..
- Now in same sauce pan which should still have a tiny bit of grease left in pan from chorizo, add corn and chopped peppers. Saute for 1 min. (You want to keep them both crunchy).
- Now the chayote should be cool enough to work with. Scoop out seeds and discard..
- Scoop out meat leaving about 1/4" shell..
- Chop chayote meat and place in a bowl. Add chorizo, corn and peppers, salsa, cilantro and 1/2 C jack cheese. Mix..
- Stuff chayote shells with mixture..
- Bake for 30 min. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 C jack cheese on top last 5 min. of cooking..
If you find this Stuffed Chayote Squash recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.