Recipe of Orzo Asparagus Salad Award-winning
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Orzo Asparagus Salad recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Orzo Asparagus Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Orzo Asparagus Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we have to stay away from them. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be really nutritious and good for you. There are some foods that, when you eat them, may boost your mood. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, try a couple of these.
Put together a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all fantastic for helping to boost your mood. This is possible since these foods are rich in magnesium which promotes serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more you have of it, the better you will feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a terrific protein food source.
As you can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Try a couple of of these hints instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to orzo asparagus salad recipe. You can have orzo asparagus salad using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Orzo Asparagus Salad:
- You need of orzo pasta.
- You need of asparagus stems, diced.
- You need of medium shallots, chopped.
- Provide of garlic, minced.
- Provide of virgin olive oil.
- Use of artichoke hearts marinated in oil, drained & rinsed.
- Provide of julienne cut sundried tomatoes.
- Take of salt for boiling water.
- Take of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of lemon zest.
- You need of rice vinegar, unseasoned.
- Get of virgin olive oil.
- Get of salt.
- Use of freshly ground black pepper.
- Get of crushed pepper (optional).
Steps to make Orzo Asparagus Salad:
- Julienne cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces and boil in salted water in stockpot until tender, but still bright green. Drain, rinse in cold water and place in large bowl..
- Pull asparagus out with slotted spoon and cook orzo in the asparagus water until al dente, approximately 8 minutes. Drain and add to asparagus..
- Add sundried tomatoes to asparagus bowl..
- In small sauté pan, cook chopped shallots and minced garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender. Add to asparagus bowl..
- Add artichoke hearts that were drained, rinsed and quartered to asparagus bowl..
- In separate bowl, combine lemon juice, rice vinegar, salt, and crushed pepper. Whisk and pour over asparagus bowl..
- Add lemon zest to asparagus and gently fold all ingredients with a large spoon..
- Place bowl in refrigerator for at least 2 hours..
If you find this Orzo Asparagus Salad recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.