Recipe of Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy Favorite
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Dollars.
Until fairly recently anyone who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all comprehend our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the industry experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going more green.
You may prefer cooking food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. When you find out it will take 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you could possibly look for more ways to use the microwave. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a great deal of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is not true. Particularly if you ensure that the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. Conserve even more money by air drying or cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. It is pretty uncomplicated to live green, all things considered. A lot of it truly is merely utilizing common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to grits, smoked sausage, and tomato gravy recipe. To cook grits, smoked sausage, and tomato gravy you need 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy:
- Prepare of Grits————————.
- Use 3/4 pound of smoked sausage fried.
- Prepare 2 cup of grits.
- Use 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- Get 1/2 stick of butter.
- Use 1/2 stick of butter.
- Take of Gravy——————-.
- You need 16 ounce of can of diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 cup of water.
- Use 2 tablespoons of dehydrated onions.
- Prepare 3 cups of Monterey-Colby jack cheese.
- Take 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- Use 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Get 2 tablespoons of heaping all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
Steps to make Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy:
- Dice the smoked sausage..
- Bring the water with the salt to boiling add the diced smoked sausage and 1/2 stick butter..
- Add the grits to the water and sausage. Stir leaving no lumps..
- Shred the cheese..
- Add the cheese to the grits..
- Now add the half stick of butter. Cover and let it melt when it has melted stir well. Then cover again..
- Heat the oil for the tomatoes. Add the tomatoes, bacon drippings, and salt and pepper..
- Bring to a simmer. Add the dehydrated onions..
- Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add the flour.
- Stir adding in the water. Simmer a bit till your desired thickness. Taste adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the grits to a bowl or plate.
- Top with tomato gravy and serve. I hope you enjoy!!.
It's great for breakfast, but we are known to eat it for dinner. A roux based gravy made with tomatoes is traditional served over biscuits, but can be served with meatloaf, over rice, or spooned on grits, alongside fish and with some hushpuppies. Start the grits and gravy around the same time; you don't want the. For the tomato gravy: Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until it shimmers. View top rated Tomato gravy and fried grits recipes with ratings and reviews.
If you find this Grits, Smoked Sausage, and Tomato Gravy recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.