Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! Speedy
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green Plus Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Keep reading for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Let’s begin with something quite simple, changing the actual light bulbs. Do this for the entire house, not only the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are energy-savers, and you should use them rather than incandescent lights. They cost a little bit more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use a lesser amount of electricity. Making use of these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. You also have to acquire the practice of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. In the kitchen is where you’ll frequently discover members of a family, and often the lights may not be turned off until the last person goes to bed. Of course this also happens in other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off until you absolutely need them, and notice exactly how much electricity you can save.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Efficient living is definitely something we can all perform, without difficulty. It’s about being sensible, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to leftover thanksgiving gumbo! recipe. You can cook leftover thanksgiving gumbo! using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!:
- Take of Leftover Turkey.
- Prepare of Leftover Ham.
- Provide of Leftover cornbread dressing.
- Use of Leftover Turkey gravy.
- You need of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Get of onion.
- Provide of celery.
- You need of jalapeno.
- Provide of large cloves garlic.
- Take of knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Take of onion powder.
- You need of cajun seasoning.
- Provide of Salt and pepper.
- Take of butter.
- Get of For roux.
- Prepare of flour.
- Take of vegetable or corn oil.
Steps to make Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!:
- Mince all vegetables, set aside. Remove fatty parts from ham and cut into 1 inch pieces. Heat butter in skillet and sear ham. Drain if ham releases a lot of fat and return to skillet. Add 2 cups of water and scrape sear from bottom of the pan. Reduce to lowest heat setting and allow to slowly simmer while you prepare the rest of the gumbo..
- Have a few quarts of water set to side of stove (you will need it when roux is done). In a Dutch oven use medium setting to heat oil. Test for readiness by dropping a pinch of flour into pot, if it sizzles, it's ready. Add flour one cup at a time and whisk until all is incorporated. Lower heat to medium low (I set mine on 3 or 4) and CONSTANTLY stir with metal or wooden spatula until roux is the color of chocolate. This takes 20 to 30 minutes. I pull up a bar stool, have a seat and stir :).
- When roux is ready add your vegetables and continue to stir for a few minutes more until roux is shiny and smooth. Add water that was set aside and stir..
- Add leftover gravy and stir.
- Add ham and water it's been simmering in..
- Add mashed sweet potatoes and stir..
- Fill pot with water until about 3/4 full. Add all of your seasonings and slowly bring to boil stirring occasionally. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes..
- Add Turkey and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve with leftover cornbread dressing.
Skip the boring next-day sandwiches and make chef David Slater's hearty turkey gumbo instead. How to carve a turkey like a pro on Thanksgiving. My favorite way to use leftover turkey. Must give credit where due.this is my modification to one of Emeril's recipes – his was to boil a turkey specifically for gumbo – mine is to use up those leftovers! After Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner, using leftover turkey to make gumbo is a Louisiana holiday Zatarain's Gumbo Mix with Rice makes it easy to introduce this beloved tradition to your home.
If you find this Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.