Easiest Way to Prepare Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Perfect
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Sun Dried Tomato Hummus recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sun Dried Tomato Hummus recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sun Dried Tomato Hummus recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Elevate Your Mood.
Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be super nutritious and good for you. There are several foods that, when you eat them, may better your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Make a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that tells your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more you have of it, the better you will feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a fantastic protein source.
As you can see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you want to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sun dried tomato hummus recipe. You can have sun dried tomato hummus using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sun Dried Tomato Hummus:
- Use 1 can of chickpeas, drained (or dry ones soaked overnight).
- Take 1-2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped (if they are in oil rather than dry, drain the tomatoes first).
- Use 1/4 cup of tahini (sesame paste).
- You need 1/2 of lemon (for squeezing fresh juice).
- Get Pinch of salt.
- Use 2-3 tbsps of olive oil.
- Use of water.
Instructions to make Sun Dried Tomato Hummus:
- In a blender, place 1 can of drained chickpeas, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes (roughly chopped), 3 tbsps of tahini, 2 tbsps of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 tbsps of olive oil and a pinch of salt..
- Mix until you obtain a smooth paste (gradually add some water to obtain a creamy texture). Taste and adjust as necessary – add more garlic for more spiciness, lemon juice for an extra zing or tahini paste for a stronger sesame taste..
- Serve directly or store covered in the fridge for up to 1 week..
If you find this Sun Dried Tomato Hummus recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.