Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Elevate Your Mood.
In general, people have been taught to believe that "comfort" foods are bad for the body and should be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be very nourishing and good for you. There are a number of foods that really can raise your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you're needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Put together some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all great for improving your mood. This is because these nuts are high in magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more of it you have, the happier you are going to feel. Nuts, in addition to elevating your mood, can be a super protein source.
Now you can see that junk food isn't necessarily what you need to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to toffee/almond chunk cookies recipe. You can cook toffee/almond chunk cookies using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies:
- Use 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Take 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 3/4 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- Provide 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- Provide 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Use 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 of large egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Use 8 oz of Hersheys extra creamy milk chocolate with toffee and almonds nuggets, cut jn half. See direction step #6 for a photo of the candy.
- Provide of GARNISH.
- Provide 3/4 cup of decorative sugar and or sprinkles, I used red and green for Christmas.
Instructions to make Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt..
- In a large bowl beat butter with both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat in.
- Stir in flour mixture just into blended, don't over mix..
- Mix in chocolate toffee/almond nugget halfs.
- Place decorative sugar on a.plate.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls,place each ball in sugar.
- Roll in sugar to lightly coat all over.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet , lightly press dough.ball.to flatten slightly.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes just until set and puffed any very light.golden, don't over bake for chewy cookies. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before transfering to wire rack to cool completely.
- These cookies freeze great so can be made ahead and be ready when you red them!.
If you find this Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.