Step-by-Step Guide to Make Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake Any-night-of-the-week
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Its also wise to realize that there are foods that you will need to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These kinds of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. For this reason we are going to be going over the healthy foods that you should be ingesting that will have a good effect on your health.
You have to remember your mother and father telling you to ensure that you eat your vegetables, that is mainly because this is very important for a healthy and balanced body. You may already understand that most of the vitamins you need on a daily basis can be found in numerous vegetables, but you will also be able to find essential potassium in vegetables as well. One of the vegetables which will provide the potassium you’ll need is broccoli. You will additionally realize that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you should take these suggestions to heart. Also if you remove all the unhealthy food that you should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to light and moist chocolate sponge cake recipe. You can cook light and moist chocolate sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake:
- Take 3 of Egg whites (large).
- Take 120 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Take 3 of Egg yolks (large).
- Take 80 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 50 ml of Milk.
- Use 30 grams of Butter (or margarine).
- Provide 20 grams of Cocoa powder.
Instructions to make Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake:
- About the ingredients: I recommend using large eggs. Refrigerate until use. You can substitute margarine for baking for the butter. Preliminaries: Line the mold with parchment paper. If the paper curls up, oil the cake tin before putting in the paper and it will stick to the oil..
- Put egg whites in a bowl, and whip with a handheld mixer. (Make sure that you use an impeccably clean bowl. If it has any water or oil in it, the egg whites won't whip up properly!).
- When the egg whites are whipped to an even, smooth consistency, add 1/2 of the granulated sugar and whip together. When it's very fluffy add the rest of the sugar, and keep whipping until it turns into a smooth, shiny meringue..
- If stiff peaks form when you lift the mixer, it's done! (It's a must to make a meringue that forms peaks!).
- Add the yolks to the meringue and mix well. (When the yolks are evenly incorporated, it's done.).
- Sift the cake flour into the batter. Use a rubber spatula and mix up from the bottom using a cut-and-fold motion. It's easier if you turn the bowl with one hand as you mix! (Whatever you do, don't beat or knead the batter. Mix as little as possible.).
- Put the butter and milk into a heatproof bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for a minute and a half. (You can also warm it in a small pan.).
- When the butter and milk are warm, sift in the cocoa powder and mix to dissolve. (It's a bother, but be sure to sift it!).
- Keep on mixing until the cocoa has completely dissolved! (Make sure there are no lumps!).
- Add the Step 9 mix to the Step 6 batter a little at a time. (If you add it all at once the cocoa butter will sink down to the bottom!) Mix the batter up from the bottom while turning the bowl with one hand, using a cutting motion and working quickly. (Be sure not to beat or knead it at this point too. Mix as little as possible.).
- Pour the batter into the lined mold. (Since the batter at the bottom of the bowl does not rise well, pour it around the perimeter of the mold, where it will cook faster.) Drop the filled cake pan 4 to 5 times at a height to eliminate air pockets, and smooth out the surface..
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in a preheated 340°F/170°C oven. If you poke the middle with a bamboo skewer and it comes out clean, it's done! As soon as it's baked, drop it at a height of 20-30 cm onto a work surface to prevent the cake from shrinking..
- Put a well wrung out moistened kitchen towel on your work surface, and take the spongecake out of the cake pan. Peel the paper off the sides. (Put the cake top upside down.).
- Put the cake pan back on the cake and leave for 2 to 3 minutes. (This is to make the top surface flat, and to even out the moisture in the cake.).
- Take the cake pan off and peel off the paper from the bottom..
- Turn the cake over and cool on a cake rack..
- Cover the spongecake with a moistened and tightly wrung out kitchen towel, and leave to cool..
- When the spongecake is cool, slice horizontally and fill and decorate as you like. (The cake is easier to slice if you let it rest for a day. Keep in a plastic bag.).
- How to slice the sponge cake cleanly: Mark the sides vertically with a knife so that you can re-stack the layers later..
- If you don't have a cake slicer: Insert toothpicks where you want to slice through the cake, starting with the upper layer, spacing the toothpicks evenly (in 4 to 8 places)..
- Slice through the cake on top of the toothpicks horizontally. Slice the lower layer in the same way..
- Re-stack the layers, following the vertical marks you made in Step 19..
- Tip: If you flip the bottom layer over, put the middle layer on top, and the top layer in the middle, the cake will be easier to decorate..
- To make a 12 cm diameter cake: Re-calculate the amounts based on 1 egg. (I halve the amounts mixed for the 18 cm cake.) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (28 minutes works best for my oven)..
- To make a 15 cm diameter cake: Halve the amount of ingredients used for the 20 cm cake. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (340°F/170°C, 34 minutes in a gas oven)..
- To make a 21 cm diameter cake: Re-calculate the amounts based on 5 eggs (Or multiply the amounts for the 18 cm cake by 1.5.) Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (35 minutes works best)..
- To make a 12 cm diameter cake plus a 15 cm diameter cake: Use the amount of ingredients specified for the 18 cm or 20 cm cakes (I prefer the latter). Baking times – 12 cm = 28 minutes, 15 cm = 34 minutes..
- When trying to figure out how much batter you need for a particular round or square mold, just keep in m
ind that you should have 1 egg for every 500 ml of batter poured inside the pan..
If you find this Light and Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.