How to Prepare Shepherd's pie – a baked dish Award-winning
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Be wise when you do your grocery shopping. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier automatically. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You’re going to go home and cook what you have in the cupboards. Make sure that what you have at home is healthy. This way, even when you decide that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are lots of things you can do to become healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the choices you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your health levels. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe. You can have shepherd's pie – a baked dish using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shepherd's pie – a baked dish:
- Provide of medium to big size onion finely chopped.
- You need of garlic finely chopped.
- Use of red chilli powder.
- You need of Saly.
- Take of oil.
- Provide of Chopped Green chillies, as per your taste.
- Use of chopped mix vegetables any from the list below.
- Provide of french beans.
- You need of carrot.
- Prepare of peas.
- Take of Sweet corn.
- Get of Khojat/zucchini.
- Take of For potato layer.
- Prepare of medium to big potatoes.
- Use of mayonnaise.
- Use of For white sauce.
- Provide of melted ghee/butter.
- Get of maida.
- Use of milk.
- Provide of sugar.
- Use of salt.
- Use of black pepper.
- Prepare of For topping.
- Take of Sliced tomatoes.
- Take of Sliced capsicum.
- Provide of Cheese (do not use a lot like on pizza).
Instructions to make Shepherd's pie – a baked dish:
- Prepare vegetables. Heat oil in a pan. Fry Onion and garlic, till onions are translucent. Add all the vegetables, salt and chilli powder. Combine well, cover and cook on low heat.
- Cook till they are tender (almost Cooked like about 80%, but not fully cooked). Add chopped chillies and remove from heat. Boil potatoes in salty water. Peel, mash, add mayonnaise, combine and keep aside..
- For white sauce, heat ghee, add maida and roast on low heat till maida changes its colour, feels lighter and leaves nice aroma. Add milk at this point while continuously mixing with a whisker to avoid the formation of lumps. Bring it to a boil. When the mixture starts thickening, remove it from heat. Add salt, sugar and black pepper. Mix..
- To assemble, divide the vegetables, the white sauce and the mashed potatoes into 2 portions. Lay in the baking tray, one portion of each – the vegetables, the white sauce, the mashed potatoes and the cheese in the same order. Repeat the same order for the second layer..
- Top it up with tomato slices and capsicum rings. Place the dish on the top most rack and grill at 170c for 7-19 min or till the cheese melts and gets the brown spots.serve hot with tomato ketchup and chilli sauce..
But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Shepherd's pie is a rustic dish traditionally made with lamb, but you can substitute beef for an equally Freezer-Friendly Shepherd's Pie. This is a great dish to make ahead of time and store in the freezer for a future meal. Freezer Instructions: After baking, let pan cool to room temperature, then. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.
If you find this Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.