Easiest Way to Make Pineapple Shortcake Super Quick Homemade
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Pineapple Shortcake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pineapple Shortcake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Saving Money Inside the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These types of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Perhaps the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, however it will save you money to use it over your oven. When you find out it will take 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you’ll look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances can boil water as well as steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. Many people mistakenly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a reduced amount of energy than a dishwasher. You get the greatest energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, make use of the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite straightforward to live green, after all. A lot of it really is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pineapple shortcake recipe. You can have pineapple shortcake using 19 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pineapple Shortcake:
- Provide of Fillings:.
- Prepare 750 g of Pineapple,.
- Get 1 Inch of Cinnamon Stick,.
- Provide 5 of Cloves,.
- Take 1 of Star Anise,.
- Provide 40 g of Caster Sugar,.
- Take 40 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- Prepare 50 g of Maltose Syrup,.
- Take 2 TBSP of Coconut Rum,.
- Provide 2 TBSP of Desiccated Coconut,.
- Use Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Provide of Dough:.
- Use 125 g of Cake Flour,.
- Use 20 g of Caster Sugar,.
- You need 25 g of Egg Lightly Beaten,.
- Get 25 g of Milk Powder,.
- Get of Egg Wash, 1 Egg Lightly Beaten + 1 TBSP Water.
- Get 1/2 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- Take 125 g of Unsalted Butter Softened,.
Instructions to make Pineapple Shortcake:
- Prepare the pineapple jam. Peel the pineapple with a sharp chopping knife. Divide into 4. Separate the core from the pineapple. Finely chop the pineapple and core..
- Place them on a strainer to drain out excess juices and liquid. Set aside for about 15mins. You should have 750g worth of chopped pineapples. If you do not have the exact weight, calculate and adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly..
- Taste your pineapple before cooking. If the pineapple is sweet, use less sugar. If the pineapple is tang, use more sugar. In a skillet over medium heat, add the chopped pineapple..
- Transfer cinnamon, cloves and star anise into an empty tea bag. Seal tightly and add into the skillet. Saute until aromatic. Add in sugar and maltose..
- A quick tip. Maltose syrup is difficult to work with at room temperature. After measuring out, transfer to a heat proof bowl and let steam for about 5 mins or until the maltose is liquify.*.
- Stir well to combine. Stir, stir, stir. Continue stirring until the pineapple jam is dry and sticky. It should take about 15 to 20 mins. Add in desiccated coconut and coconut rum..
- Be careful when adding in the rum, as flame might be ignited in the hot skillet.* Continue sauteing until the pineapple jam is slightly caramelized. Lastly, add salt. Taste and adjust for sweetness and tang..
- If it is too sweet, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. If it is too tang, add more sugar and season lightly with salt. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool down completely..
- On a side note, you can add a cup of water to deglaze the skillet. Bring it up to a simmer. Transfer into a cup. Add in a tea bag. You have a fine pineapple tea.*.
- While the pineapple mixture is cooling down, prepare the dough. In a mixing bowl, sift together cake flour and milk powder. Add in salt and stir to combine well. In another large mixing bowl, using a fork, cream butter until light and fluffy..
- Add in sugar and cream until well combined. Add in egg. Lightly whisk until the mixture is light and creamy. Whisk, whisk, whisk..
- Add 1/3 portion of the flour mixture. Using a spatula, fold in the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Keep folding until mixture is well combine. Repeat this process until all the mixture is combine and come together as a dough..
- Transfer onto a cling film. Wrap and let it firm up in the fridge for at least 40 mins to an hr. After the pineapple jam has cooled down. Measure 15g for each portion..
- Roll each portion into a ball and place them on a plate. Cover with cling film and let it firm up in the fridge at least an hour..
- Assemble the shortcake. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius or 340 fahrenheit. Divide the dough in half and place the other half in the fridge until ready to use. Measure 15g for each portion..
- Roll each portion into balls. Follow the above directions and photos in shaping the shortcakes or you can check out my Instagram highlights. *Note that the butter in the dough will melt very fast. If you find that the dough is difficult to work with, dust some flour, roll into a ball and shape again.*.
- After shaping each shortcake, place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat the process until all the shortcakes are shaped. Lightly brush the shortcakes with egg wash with a pastry brush..
- Wack into the oven and bake for 10 mins. Remove from oven and flip the shortcakes. *It is best to flip the shortcakes with 2 spatula. They are at its most vulnerable stage, so treat them with tender love and care,*.
- Brush with egg wash. Wack into the oven and bake for the final 8 to 10 mins or until it is golden yellow. Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving. The shortcakes taste better the next day..
Originated from Taiwan and adopted into the Hong Kong culinary culture, the Kee Wah Pineapple Shortcakes are sweet and light, and baked to a golden crisp. Pineapple shortcake Made in Taiwan Supplier YS FOOD CO., LTD. More About This Product Discount Price Price Request for Quotation Total Price Payment. Product Detail; Company Profile; Pineapple Cakes. Taiwanese pineapple cake is a favorite bakery delicacy all year round.
If you find this Pineapple Shortcake recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.