Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best "Christmas Crack" recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to "Christmas Crack" recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Improve Your Mood.
A lot of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be very nutritious and good for you. There are some foods that, when you eat them, could improve your mood. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional boost, test out a couple of these.
Put together a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all great for raising your mood. This is because these nuts are loaded with magnesium, which helps to boost serotonin levels. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The more of it you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, in particular, are a great source of protein.
See, you don't need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try a couple of of these hints instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to "christmas crack" recipe. You can cook "christmas crack" using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook "Christmas Crack":
- Use of 10X15 cookie sheet.
- Get of Aluminum foil.
- Use of sleeve original saltines.
- Take of brown sugar.
- Take of (i just site them, I don't measure) chocolate chips.
- Get of (I site measure) butterscotch chips.
- You need of candy canes (I used colored peppermint).
- Use of butter.
Instructions to make "Christmas Crack":
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease with butter. Cover cookie sheet with saltines..
- Bring brown sugar & butter to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring the whole time with a whisk..
- Pour over saltines, spread it as evely as possible, use spatula if needed. Place in oven & bake for 5 minutes..
- Shift any moved saltines. Let cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate & butterscotch chips over saltines. Let sit 5 minutes to melt. Take a spatula and spread evenly..
- Optional: crush candy canes and sprinkle over the mixture. Allow to cool (10-15min), then place tray into refrigerator to harden..
- Take out tray & "crack" the pieces to put into a container (I recommend keeping in fridge until you are going to serve it, up to you). Enjoy.
If you find this "Christmas Crack" recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.