Recipe of Harissa Chicken with Caramelized Leeks and Fennel Quick
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Harissa Chicken with Caramelized Leeks and Fennel recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Harissa Chicken with Caramelized Leeks and Fennel recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
In general, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and must be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to eat them. There are a number of foods that basically can improve your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, try some of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually great at fighting back depression. Just see to it that you do not toss the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most important in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, the egg yolk in particular, are stuffed full of B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for elevating your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that affect your mood–function better. Eat an egg and feel happier!
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to harissa chicken with caramelized leeks and fennel recipe. You can have harissa chicken with caramelized leeks and fennel using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Harissa Chicken with Caramelized Leeks and Fennel:
- Use 4 of bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs.
- Prepare 12 oz of new potatoes (about 12).
- You need 2 Tbsp of harissa.
- Prepare 2-3 of leeks.
- Provide 1 of bulb fennel.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take 1 of lemon, juiced (3 tbsp).
- Use of Olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- Get of Black pepper.
Steps to make Harissa Chicken with Caramelized Leeks and Fennel:
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Begin by salting the chicken and laying it skin side down in a cold skillet. Arrange the potatoes into the void spaces. Place over medium heat (3.8/6) for 18-25 minutes until the chicken skin browns and releases itself from the pan. This is the most patient part. If the chicken doesn't come off with relative ease using a spatula, leave it cook..
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the leeks. Remove any shriveled outter leaves and slice the leeks lengthwise and wash them under water to remove any sand in the leaves..
- Cut the dark green tips off the leeks leaving the light green and white parts. Slice the leeks and add to a bowl.
- Pick the fronds off the fennel and save them. We'll use them as a garnish later..
- Cut the stalks off the fennel and discard..
- Thinly slice the first 1/3 of the bulb and add to the leeks. Add the garlic to the leeks as well..
- Slice the remaining leeks as thin as possible. If you have a mandolin, now is the time to use it. 1/16 inch slices. Place in another bowl. We'll dress this later as a raw salad on top of the chicken..
- When the chicken releases from the pan, turn the heat off, remove the chicken and potatoes to a plate, leaving the rendered fat in the pan..
- Add the harissa paste to the pan of hot chicken fat and stir to make a schmaltz..
- Put the harissa schmaltz into a small bowl. Add 2 Tbsp of lemon juice and stir..
- Return the pan to medium heat, add some olive oil and the leeks, fennel, and garlic. Season with salt and sprinkle the sugar on top. Carmelize the leeks over ~20 min, adding a bit of water if they begin to stick and burn..
- When the leeks have cooked down and caramelized, add the chicken and potatoes to the skillet, skin side up. Roast ~10 min until the chicken thighs are cooked (165°F). Remove from oven..
- Toss the fennel with a little salt, some pepper, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and a drizzle of olive oil..
- Add the fennel salad to the skillet. Drizzle the schmaltz over the chicken and garnish with the fronds and serve at the table in the skillet..
If you find this Harissa Chicken with Caramelized Leeks and Fennel recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.