Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect For Christmas! Candy Cane Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to For Christmas! Candy Cane Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Many of us think that comfort foods are bad for us and that we have to avoid them. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether healthy and it's good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that really can improve your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
If you would like to fight depression, try consuming some cold water fish. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3s. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain function a lot better. It's true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you overcome depression.
As you can see, you don't need junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Test out these suggestions instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to for christmas! candy cane cookies recipe. You can have for christmas! candy cane cookies using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare For Christmas! Candy Cane Cookies:
- Get of White flour.
- Provide of Corn starch.
- You need of Salt.
- Get of Unsalted butter (room temperature).
- Provide of Powdered sugar.
- Get of Vanilla extract.
- Take of Food coloring for red and green.
Instructions to make For Christmas! Candy Cane Cookies:
- Put the flour, corn starch and salt into a bowl. Mix evenly with a whisk..
- Prepare another bowl to add room temperature butter. Mix until creamy texture..
- Add the powdered sugar into step 2's bowl to mix in. Then add the vanilla extract..
- Add step 1's flours into the bowl. Mix well with a spatula until no longer floury, and mix together..
- Divide the dough into half, and put one dough into a bowl. Pour the food coloring in the centre of the dough. Mix it evenly by folding the dough..
- Wrap each dough with plastic wrap, and rest in a fridge for 30 min to 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 175℃. Take 5 g of each dough, and roll each piece into about 10 cm long sticks. Place 2 colors of sticks to put together..
- Twist the sticks, and bend one edge to shape into a candy cane. Line the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper..
- If it's difficult to twist, then make 2 colors of 5 cm length sticks like step 7, and combine them like the photo of step 7..
- Twist and roll it out to make one stick. Then shape it into to a candy cane..
- Bake for 12-14 minutes in the preheated oven. The left cookie is the one made by twisting it, and the right cookie is the one made using step 10..
- These are 3 colors version with green food colouring..
- When making 3 colours, take 4 g each and roll into stick shape, line them all together to twist..
- It's a bit hard to show 3 colours evenly, but it's cute anyway!.
If you find this For Christmas! Candy Cane Cookies recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.