Steps to Make Southern Fried Cornbread Any-night-of-the-week
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Southern Fried Cornbread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southern Fried Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Fried Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be very nourishing and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, may improve your mood. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, test out a couple of these.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you are wanting to battle depression. Herring, trout, tuna, wild salmon, and mackerel are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can seriously elevate your mood.
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southern fried cornbread recipe. To make southern fried cornbread you only need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Southern Fried Cornbread:
- Get 1 cup of maize flour(corn meal).
- Take 3/4 cup of wheat/all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar(or more).
- Take 1 tsp of baking powder (omit if using self-raising flour).
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Use as needed of Buttermilk (Maziwa mala).
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
Instructions to make Southern Fried Cornbread:
- Mix your corn flour, wheat flour, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl. Give it a good mix before adding your egg and buttermilk as needed. Your mixture should be moist and not soupy or runny..
- There are two options.. You can add your oil to the batter. Or use it to fry the corn bread while cooking on the pan.
- Use a ladder to pour the batter into the pan. Do not stir.
- You will the lower side is ready when it starts to bubble. Flip it over so that the other side cooks.
- Do so with the rest of the butter. Serve with some tea.
If you find this Southern Fried Cornbread recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.