Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Cream of Mushroom Soup Award-winning
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Learn How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
A lot of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this is very true. At times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to eat. There are several foods that, when you consume them, can better your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
It’s not hard to overcome your bad mood when you consume grains. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are excellent at helping you have a happier mood. These grains fill you up better and that can help improve your moods too. Feeling famished can actually make you feel awful! These grains can help your mood elevate since it’s easy for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood sugar which in turn takes your mood to a happier place.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Go with these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cream of mushroom soup recipe. To make cream of mushroom soup you only need 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cream of Mushroom Soup:
- Provide of mushrooms, remove stems, slice tops.
- You need of medium onion, small dice.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- Take of dried thyme.
- Prepare of butter, divided.
- Get of garlic, minced.
- Provide of a/p flour.
- Get of each salt & pepper.
- Get of half & half.
- Use of Sherry.
Instructions to make Cream of Mushroom Soup:
- Clean mushrooms, remove stems and set aside. Thin slice the Mushroom tops, set aside..
- In a skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter to sauté the Mushroom stems on medium high..
- Next, in a large sauce pan or small stock pan, add chicken stock, sliced mushrooms, diced onions and the dried thyme. Cook on medium until mushrooms and onions are soft. Simmer while cooking stems..
- Once the stems have started to brown, add minced garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes..
- Remove stems from heat and rough chop..
- Add chopped stems to stock pot..
- In skillet add the 4 Tbsp butter over medium high heat..
- Once melted, add flour and salt and pepper whisking to make a roux. Cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Slowly whisk in half and half to combine..
- Once combined, add to stock pot. Stir and simmer until thick..
- Add in the sherry. Adjust seasoning to taste..
If you find this Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.