Easiest Way to Prepare Cream of Spinach Soup Award-winning
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Cream of Spinach Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cream of Spinach Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
In general, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and should be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to consume. There are some foods that, when you eat them, can improve your mood. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
It’s not difficult to fight your bad mood when you eat grains. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are fantastic at helping you feel better. They help you feel full as well which can really help to better your mood. Feeling hungry can be terrible! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. You digest them faster than other foods which can help increase your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cream of spinach soup recipe. You can have cream of spinach soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cream of Spinach Soup:
- Provide of spinach, well washed, thick stems trimmed.
- Provide of spring onions, trimmed & roughly chopped.
- Provide of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare of Small grating of nutmeg.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Provide of heavy or light cream, half-and-half or milk.
Steps to make Cream of Spinach Soup:
- Place trimmed spinach and chopped spring onions in a large saucepan..
- And stock to the saucepan and turn heat to medium high. Bring to a boil, and lower heat so mixture barely bubbles. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is very tender, about 10 minutes..
- Turn off heat, add nutmeg and a sprinkling of salt and pepper, and let cool at least a few minutes..
- Pour soup into a blender, in batches if necessary, and carefully purée. (Alternatively, use an immersion blender directly in the pan which is what I do when blending soups.) Return to pan, add cream, and over medium-low heat, reheat gently, stirring occasionally. When soup is hot, adjust seasoning, and serve..
- Garnish with a few pieces of the chopped onions or a swirl of cream (optional)..
If you find this Cream of Spinach Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.