Step-by-Step Guide to Make Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) Quick
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Elevate Your Mood.
In general, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and should be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to consume. There are some foods that, when you eat them, may better your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Some grains are actually excellent for driving away bad moods. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all great for helping you feel better. These foods fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods also. Feeling famished can be awful! The reason these grains are so good for your mood is that they are easy for your body to digest and process. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood sugar which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place.
As you can see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try some of these hints instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kandi's cream of lemon chicken soup (crockpot) recipe. You can cook kandi's cream of lemon chicken soup (crockpot) using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot):
- Get 1 of large white onion (diced).
- Take 2 of large carrots (diced).
- Get 3 of large stalks of celery (diced).
- Provide 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of lemons.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 lb of chicken breast(s).
- You need 4 cup of heavy cream (35% cooking cream).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of heaping chicken soup base.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of heaping flour.
- You need 4 of large bay leaves intact.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of each basil, garlic powder, onion salt.
Instructions to make Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot):
- Add chopped onion, carrots and celery with enough water to cover by an inch or two to crockpot (should be about 1/3rd of the size of your crockpot- adjust recipe accordingly to fit your crockpot).
- Turn crockpot on high and let cook for 3h or until boiling.
- While veggies are cooking: take the 2 lemons, slice top off of each and gently squeeze juice into small dish (~2 tbsp worth) leaving lemons intact.
- Slice lemons thick, pop seeds out using tip of a knife or a fork, place in ziplock bag in the fridge until later.
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Put chicken, olive oil and lemon juice in large ziplock bag, shake, place in fridge (in a container to prevent leaking) until later.
- Once the veggies are boiling (3h), fry chicken over medium heat until white, add to crockpot.
- In a deep mixing bowl add the cream, chicken base, flour, using a hand blender mix until thick and frothy, add to crockpot.
- Continue cooking on high for one hour or until desired thickness.
- Reduce heat to low, add spices (basil, onion salt, garlic powder, bay leaves), continue cooking for another 30 mins.
- Add lemon slices (they'll float on top) continue cooking on low for another 30-45mins, turn off crockpot, remove lemon slices using a slotted spoon (if you leave them longer they will begin to leave a bitter taste to the soup and the lemon taste will overpower the soup).
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper (no salt should be needed due to the chicken base), enjoy!.
If you find this Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.