Recipe of Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup Favorite
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
Many of us have been taught to believe that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. There are some foods that basically can raise your moods when you eat them. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, you may be astonished to find out, are great at battling depression. You should make sure, however, that what you make includes the yolk. When you wish to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most crucial part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolks particularly, are high in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be great for raising your mood. This is because they improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Consume an egg and cheer up!
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try a few of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup recipe. To cook homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup you need 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- Provide 3 Tbsp. of Butter.
- Provide 1/4 cup of flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of milk, half-and half, OR heavy cream.
- Use 1 cup of cooked chicken, minced.
- Use 1 can (14 oz.) of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- You need Pinch of dried Thyme (optional).
Instructions to make Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- You can successfully make this soup in less than 10 minutes from pantry items and a couple refrigerated stables… Start by melting 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and whisk until smooth. This is going to be a roux not a gravy, so take it easy with measuring the flour, no heaping or packing here..
- Once the flour has absorbed the butter add the milk. Whisk, whisk, whisk. Once the roux thickens add the chicken broth, and you guessed it, whisk..
- Now because everything else we are adding is cooked and just needs to be brought up to temperature turn the heat to medium-low. Add the minced chicken (this can be canned, rotisserie, leftover, white meat, dark meat, chicken you cooked just because you wanted to make soup… Chicken). Then add the chopped mushrooms. I like using the ugly little canned mushrooms for this soup because it keeps soup prep to less than ten minutes. Stir! You thought I was going to say whisk didn't you…..
- I dished my little ones first then added Thyme for my bowl. I hope you enjoy!.
If you find this Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.