Simple Way to Make Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup Any-night-of-the-week
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
Many of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, can better your mood. When you feel a little down and need an emotional boost, test out some of these.
Green tea is truly good for your mood. You just knew it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid called L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while simultaneously relaxing the rest of your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you feel a lot healthier. Now you know that it helps you to elevate your moods too!
So you see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try a few of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup recipe. To make homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup you need 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- Provide 3 Tbsp. of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Provide 1/2 cup of milk, half-and half, OR heavy cream.
- You need 1 cup of cooked chicken, minced.
- Prepare 1 can (14 oz.) of chicken broth.
- Use 1/4 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- Use Pinch of dried Thyme (optional).
Steps to make Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- You can successfully make this soup in less than 10 minutes from pantry items and a couple refrigerated stables… Start by melting 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and whisk until smooth. This is going to be a roux not a gravy, so take it easy with measuring the flour, no heaping or packing here..
- Once the flour has absorbed the butter add the milk. Whisk, whisk, whisk. Once the roux thickens add the chicken broth, and you guessed it, whisk..
- Now because everything else we are adding is cooked and just needs to be brought up to temperature turn the heat to medium-low. Add the minced chicken (this can be canned, rotisserie, leftover, white meat, dark meat, chicken you cooked just because you wanted to make soup… Chicken). Then add the chopped mushrooms. I like using the ugly little canned mushrooms for this soup because it keeps soup prep to less than ten minutes. Stir! You thought I was going to say whisk didn't you…..
- I dished my little ones first then added Thyme for my bowl. I hope you enjoy!.
If you find this Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.