How to Prepare Spanish Mackerel Curry Homemade
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it seems we all comprehend our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living much more green we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. Each and every family must start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
A large amount of electricity is actually consumed by freezers and refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. If you might be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with styles from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less energy. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and 0F. You can minimize how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that tough. Typically, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spanish mackerel curry recipe. To make spanish mackerel curry you only need 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- You need of A. Ingredients.
- Take of Spanish Mackerel – fried.
- Prepare of (Rub Turmeric powder + salt on fish slices before frying).
- Get of ladies fingers / okra.
- You need of egg plant – thickly sliced.
- Take of B. Spices.
- Use of cooking oil.
- Provide of mixed Indian spices (see Note).
- You need of C. Blend into a very fine paste.
- Prepare of medium or big brown onion.
- Prepare of shallots.
- Use of garlic.
- Take of soaked & softened dried chillies.
- You need of D. Make into a paste.
- You need of Baba’s Fish Curry Powder.
- Get of Baba’s Meat Curry Powder.
- Get of E. Seasonings.
- Take of Chicken seasoning powder.
- Prepare of Note.
- Get of . Mixed Indian Spices or Panch Phoran can be bought ready mixed from the store.
- Prepare of . Panch Phoran can also be prepared at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed, nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full in this fish curry.
Steps to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- A – Rub a teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt (or use chicken seasoning powder) on spanish mackerel slices. Fry fish slices until cooked through. Clean okra or ladies fingers’ stem (the very end of okras stem) and place okra on a hot wok. Cook at very high heat, without oil, for few minutes or until just wilted. This is to reduce the sliminess of the cut okra. Next, slice the eggplant..
- B – Use store-bought, pre-mixed indian spices or prepare at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed and nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full of this mixed spices in this curry. Alternatively, just use a pinch of each spice..
- C – Place ingredients in C with 1/4 C – 1/3 C of water in a blender and blend into a very fine paste..
- D – Combine D in a bowl. Add enough water to make a soft curry paste, not too thick or too thin..
- Cooking the curry – Over medium heat, heat cooking oil in a big wok. Add B (mixed spices) and stir for few seconds..
- Add in C (blended ingredients) and cook until aromatic and translucent..
- Next, add D (curry paste) and continue cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes or until oil is separated from the curry mixture..
- Pour 1 1/2 cups (to 2 cups) of water. Stir to mix and add sliced egg plant. Cover and bring to a boil and eggplant is tender. Season with enough chicken seasoning powder. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Add okra and fish. Bring curry to a boil again and turn the heat off right after that. Dish up. Serve with rice, dipping bread or roti..
If you find this Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.