Recipe of Chettinad Chicken Curry Perfect
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. This needs to happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly if they are not running as economically as they should. You can easily save up to 60% on energy once you get a new one, when compared with those from longer than ten years ago. The correct temperature for food is 37F in the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use a lesser amount of electricity. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, because the motor won’t have to operate as often.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Natural living is something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. A lot of it is merely making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chettinad chicken curry recipe. You can have chettinad chicken curry using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Prepare of Indian desi chicken.
- Provide of Madras onions, sliced.
- You need of ghee.
- Take of turmeric powder.
- Get of Salt.
- Provide of curry leaves.
- You need of For masala paste.
- Provide of coriander seeds.
- Use of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of black peppercorns.
- Take of fennel seeds.
- Prepare of cloves.
- Take of green cardamons.
- You need of star anise.
- Prepare of cinnamon bark.
- Take of stone flower (kalpasi/dagad phool).
- Provide of red chilli (spicy but not colour).
- Get of bay leaf.
- You need of strings of mace.
- Get of cashewnuts.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of ginge sliced.
- You need of Fenugreek seeds.
- You need of tamarind pulp.
- You need of fresh grated coconut.
Instructions to make Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Firstly clean the chicken. My personal preference is desi chicken but you can use broiler or english chicken. Add half a lemon juice and turmeric powder. Mix it well and let it marinade for atleast half an hour.
- Slice the onions. Accumulate all the spices for the spice mix masala paste. Dry roast all the masala, except for Fenugreek seeds and grated coconut. Midway add the garlic and ginger and roast till the spices are well roasted and brown. Remove it in a plate and allow it to cool. This is essential for the brown colour of the gravy. Dry roast the coconut till it turns brown..
- Transfer the roasted spices and coconut along with the garlic and ginger to a mixer grinder. Add the Fenugreek seeds along with the tamarind, add some water and make a fine paste..
- In a pot or a kadhai add ghee and let it heat on high flame. Add the sliced onions and saute it till it becomes soft. Add the curry leaves and saute it till it starts turning brown. Add the chicken at this stage and stir well for 4-5 mins. The chicken will release water and it will evaporate during this process. Add the masala paste and stir well. Use water to use every bit of the masala paste in the grinder. Add 3-4 cups of water. Add salt as per taste..
- Let it come to a boil on high flame and then cover the lid and let it simmer on medium flame. After 10 mins stir and check the chicken. Cover the lid and let it cook for another 10 mins till the chicken is perfectly cook. Desi chicken should take 25-30 mins while broiler chicken would take about 20 mins. Turn off the gas and let the chicken sit in the pot so that chicken is cooked to perfection and the flavours get absorbed in the chicken. Serve it with steamed rice..
If you find this Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.