Steps to Prepare Potato Broccoli Soup Quick
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Potato Broccoli Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato Broccoli Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Broccoli Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. That has fully changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. This should happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is definitely as good a spot get started on as any. Do this for your house, not merely the kitchen. You need to upgrade your incandescent lights along with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. They cost somewhat more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Utilizing these types of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the particular benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. You also have to obtain the practice of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The kitchen lights especially are often left on all day long, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house at the same time. Do an exercise if you like; have a look at the quantity of electricity you can save by turning the lights off whenever you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are many little items that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Natural living is definitely something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. Mostly, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato broccoli soup recipe. You can cook potato broccoli soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato Broccoli Soup:
- Take 3 cups of diced broccoli heads.
- Prepare 3 of carrots peeled and diced.
- Provide 6 of medium potatoes peeled and cubed into small pieces.
- Provide 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Provide 8 cups of Chicken Broth.
- Use 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Provide 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Use 3 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic pepper.
- Get 8 slices of bacon cooked and chopped.
Steps to make Potato Broccoli Soup:
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, and onion. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes..
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens..
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined..
- Add salt and garlic pepper. Add bacon pieces to the soup..
- Serve warm. Enjoy..
This easy lightened-up version is incredibly hearty and thick but without the extra calories. Cheese compliments broccoli and potatoes so well. If you want a thicker soup, just add desired amount of flour mixed until smooth with an equal amount of water. Add the garlic, broccoli stems, potatoes, broth, water, salt, and pepper. Return the soup to the pot and bring to a simmer.
If you find this Potato Broccoli Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.