Recipe of Kolkata Style Mutton Dum Biriyani Quick
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Kolkata Style Mutton Dum Biriyani recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Kolkata Style Mutton Dum Biriyani recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kolkata Style Mutton Dum Biriyani recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
In general, people have been conditioned to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and have to be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this is true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. There are some foods that actually can improve your moods when you eat them. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, try a couple of these.
Put together a trail mixout of a variety of seeds and nuts. Your mood can be elevated by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is because these nuts are loaded with magnesium, which helps to boost your production of serotonin. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that tells your brain how you feel at all times. The more serotonin in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Not only that, nuts, in particular, are a great protein food source.
So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kolkata style mutton dum biriyani recipe. You can cook kolkata style mutton dum biriyani using 37 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kolkata Style Mutton Dum Biriyani:
- Prepare 1 kg of mutton.
- Provide 500 gms of long grain basmati rice.
- Take 3 of large potato.
- Use 3 of onions to make birista.
- Use 150 ml of oil to fry potatoes & onions.
- Take leaves of as required Mint.
- Provide 10 strands of keshar.
- Provide 200 ml of milk.
- Get 1 tbsp of kewra water.
- Take 4 drops of mitha atar.
- Use of To make biriyani masala-.
- You need 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- You need 2 of black cardamoms.
- Provide 4 of green cardamoms.
- Get 4 of cloves.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Use 1 of nutmeg.
- Take 4 of petals mace(javitri).
- Get 1 tsp of shahi jeera seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of shaha marich(white pepper).
- You need of To cook mutton-.
- Use 3 of onion paste.
- Use 1 cup of birista.
- Take 1 cup of curd.
- You need 2 of dry red chillies.
- Provide 2 of cloves.
- Get 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Get 2 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 1 of black cardamom.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1/4 tsp of papaya glue.
- Provide 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Get 2 tbsp of garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Use 2 tbsp of ghee.
Steps to make Kolkata Style Mutton Dum Biriyani:
- Making of biriyani masala- Dry roast all the spices mentioned under the head of biriyani masala like nutmeg, mace, Shahi jeera, shahi mirch, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper & grind them in a grinder to make a powder of the spices..
- Making of Birista & fried potatoes-Heat oil in a pan & fry the onions till golden brown & crisp.Strain from the oil..
- Peel & cut the potatoes into half.In the same oil used for making birista fry the potatoes till they are golden in colour.Add 1/2 tsp biriyani masala to it.Strain the fried potatoes from the pan..
- Cooking the mutton- Heat ghee & spiced oil used in frying onions & potatoes in a pressure cooker& temper it with bay leaf, cinnamon stick & dry red chilli..
- Add chopped onions & fry it.Then add red chilli powder, ginger, garlic paste, & saute them till the oil separates..
- Then add the marinated mutton & cooked for 10-15 mints on low- medium flame..
- Now add the fried potatoes & pressurecook the mutton for 5-6 whistles or till 90 percent done..
- Now in another pan boil water & add some whole spices potli using a fresh cloth with the spices..
- Once the water starts boiling,add the soaked long grain rice & cooked it till the rice is done 2/3. Switch off the flame & drain the water. Spread cooked rice over a plate..
- In a kadhai add ghee, salt, sugar,2 tbsp roasted & grinded biriyani masala & mix well..
- Then add the cooked rice, kewra water, Kesar strands soaked in milk, mitha atar..
- In a copper vessel heat ghee & then layered the cooked & fried rice, then the cooked mutton & then again the cooked biriyani masala rice..
- Now make a final layer by garnishing with mint leaves, saffron soaked in milk, kewra water & beresta..
- Make a dough of the wheat flour & line the lid with it. Seal the copper vessel & put the vessel in a preheated oven on 180-degree centigrade for 15 mints..
- Garnish the Kolkata style mutton biriyani with boiled eggs & Serve hot with raita..
If you find this Kolkata Style Mutton Dum Biriyani recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.