Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods May Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. One of the foods you ought to be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food location. These sorts of foods are filled with bad fat and also have almost no nutritional value. This is why we are going to be going over the healthy foods that you should be consuming that will have a good effect on your health.
Everyone likes to have dessert just after their meals and if you are one of those folks you may want to think about some citrus fruit. In addition to vitamin C, you will realize that there are plenty of other health benefits that you will find in these kinds of fruits. Something you may want to try for one of your desserts will be to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mixture off with a teaspoon of honey.
By following a number of the suggestions above you will see that you will end up living a healthier life. Also if you eliminate all the processed foods that you shouldn't be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to coq au vin, chicken in red wine recipe. You can have coq au vin, chicken in red wine using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine:
- Take of Boneless, skinless chicken (breast or thigh).
- Prepare of Red wine, I used Pinot Noir.
- You need of Garlic, minced.
- Use of Thyme.
- Take of Rosemary.
- Take of Black pepper.
- Take of Smoked bacon.
- Use of Mushrooms, I used baby portobellos.
- Take of Onion, sliced into rings.
- Take of Chicken broth.
- Take of Flour seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (for dredging the chicken).
Instructions to make Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine:
- Combine wine, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and pepper..
- Place chicken pieces in wine marinade and place in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and dry completely. Save the liquid! You will add it back to the recipe later..
- While chicken is drying, Chop and brown bacon in a Dutch oven or NON Teflon pan (u want to develop the brown bits in the pan for flavor).
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside..
- Dredge the chicken in seasoned flour and brown in batches. Then remove and set aside..
- In the same pan add the onion & mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes or so..
- Add the wine marinade and chicken broth and bring it to a boil..
- Add back in the bacon and chicken pieces..
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven for 1 1/2 hours. Stirring gently every half hour..
- Remove and let rest 15 minutes or so to allow gravy to thicken..
- Great served with crusty garlic bread for dipping in the gravy..
If you find this Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.