Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Pick To Eat Will Effect Your Health.
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the different foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. You will see that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted side effects will be really bad. You will be pleased to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you need to be consuming every day.
Furthermore when it comes to having a dessert after your meals you should think about having various citrus fruits. Citrus fruits in addition supply you with vitamin C, along with other vitamins as well as minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always enjoyed is orange pieces combined together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a mild honey dressing.
By following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you'll be living a healthier life. Something that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to coconut curry chicken satay recipe. You can have coconut curry chicken satay using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Coconut Curry Chicken Satay:
- Use of skewers soaked ideally overnight, but at least 6 hours or so.
- Prepare of boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat cut into roughly 1/3-inch thick, 1.5-inch wide strips.
- Use of kosher salt.
- Use of coconut milk.
- Get of minced shallots.
- You need of packed brown sugar.
- Take of fish sauce.
- Get of oil.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lime.
- Take of fresh lime juice.
- You need of minced garlic (about 2 large cloves).
- Use of curry powder.
Instructions to make Coconut Curry Chicken Satay:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken strips with the salt first and give them a good thorough mixing with your hands to ensure that the chicken is evenly seasoned with the salt. Let that sit for about 5 minutes while add the other ingredients into the bowl..
- Combine the rest of the marinade ingredients with the salted chicken and again, using your hands, massage the ingredients gently and thoroughly into the chicken, making sure that all the components are evenly distributed throughout the chicken..
- Cover the chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 8. (What will happen if you marinate it longer? Well, it won't be terrible, but the longer proteins sit in a salty mixture, the more cured a texture they begin to take on. You can actually let this marinade go for 2 or 3 days before you cook the chicken, but I think up to 8 hours for chicken breast keeps optimal texture. Up to overnight for dark meat.).
- Skewer the chicken in roughly 6-inch segments. This may take combining 2 or more pieces together. No biggie. Also, if you're planning to cook the chicken over coals right after you skewer, right before Step 4 would be a good time to light your coals..
- Grill the skewers over slightly lower than medium heat. 3 to 4.5 minutes per side for breast meat, 5.5 to 7 minutes per side for dark meat..
- GRILLING TIPS: If you're grilling on a gas grill, you just need to preheat your grill to a just under medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes prior to cooking. If you're grilling with coals, since you're dealing with smaller, thinner skewer cuts, you'll want to make sure to give your coals plenty of time for the flames to burn out and then a little time for the white heat to dissipate just a bit before you start cooking..
- GRILLING TIPS (cont): You'll be able to tell when some of the coals have returned to something more like the original charcoal color. And then there's always the hand test (assuming an even spread of the coals) in which you hold your hand an inch or two above the grill grates and judge the temp by how long you can hold it there before you have to pull it away. For the slightly less than medium heat you want for these satay skewers, 4 to 5 seconds should do it..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.