Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods Will Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
Many individuals do not fully grasp that the foods you choose can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. It's also advisable to comprehend that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. You will see that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the negative effects can be really bad. That is why we are going to be going over the healthy foods that you should be consuming that will have a positive effect on your health.
In addition when it comes to having a dessert soon after your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. Citrus fruits also supply you with vitamin C, along with other vitamins and also minerals that can help keep you healthy. You may also want to put together a number of things like orange sections, shredded coconut combined with a teaspoon of honey.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. One thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can easily purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to tuscan chicken mac w/ dr pepper bbq glaze recipe. To make tuscan chicken mac w/ dr pepper bbq glaze you need 28 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze:
- Prepare of Chicken.
- You need of large skinless boneless chicken breasts pounded to 1-inch thickness (or 4 boneless and skinless chicken thigh fillets).
- Take of Salt & Pepper to Season.
- You need of paprika (sweet or smokey).
- You need of dried parsley.
- Get of oil, divided (use olive or canola oil).
- Provide of Macaroni.
- Get of butter.
- You need of small yellow onion chopped.
- You need of garlic finely diced.
- Get of chicken broth.
- You need of jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil (reserve 2 tablespoons of oil and drain the rest).
- You need of level tablespoons flour.
- Get of chicken broth.
- You need of milk OR light cream* or half and half, divided.
- Use of dried Italian herbs.
- Provide of elbow macaroni uncooked.
- Take of small sweet peppers chopped.
- Get of fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Use of mozzarella cheese shredded.
- Provide of grated cheese Cheddar or Gruyere.
- You need of fresh parsley chopped.
- Get of DP BBQ Glaze.
- Prepare of Dr Pepper.
- Get of tomato paste.
- Use of liquid hickory smoke.
- Take of brown sugar.
- Use of Salt and pepper to season.
Steps to make Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze:
- Chop Sweet Peppers and Mince the garlic cloves..
- Zest one lime and dice up onion.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, add Dr Pepper, Tomato Paste, liquid smoke, salt and pepper, and brown sugar. Stir to slight boil and reduce heat set aside..
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, dried parsley and 2 teaspoons of the oil. Heat the remaining oil in a large (30cm or 12-inch) pot or pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Transfer into oven at 250° and continue to bake until 175°-180° internal temp. Remove and let rest..
- In a new pan, add the butter and fry the onion and garlic until the onion becomes transparent, stirring occasionally (about 2 minutes). Pour in the chicken broth and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, or until beginning to reduce down..
- Add the sun dried tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the sun dried tomato oil from the jar and cook for 1-2 minutes to release as much flavour as possible. Then add in sweet peppers. Glaze a bit with cream..
- Stir the flour into the pot and allow to cook for a further minute. Then, add the broth, 2 1/2 cups of milks (or cream/half and half), herbs, salt and pepper, and bring to a very low simmer (lower the heat if you need to)..
- Add the dry macaroni and stir occasionally as it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat down to medium low and stir regularly while it cooks (for about 9 - 10 minutes), or until the sauce thickens and the macaroni is just cooked (al dente: tender but still firm)..
- Take the pot off the stove and stir all of the cheese in quickly. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce it too thick, add the remaining 1/2 cup milk (or cream) in 1/4 cup increments, until reaching desired thickness. Keep in mind the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools..
- Slice the chicken into strips and place on top of macaroni. Glaze with sauce. Sprinkle with lime zest, Serve immediately!.
If you find this Tuscan Chicken Mac w/ Dr Pepper BBQ glaze recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.