How to Make Spicy Carrots, Onions and Jalapenos (Mexican style) Quick
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Spicy Carrots, Onions and Jalapenos (Mexican style) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Carrots, Onions and Jalapenos (Mexican style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Carrots, Onions and Jalapenos (Mexican style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Pick To Eat Will Certainly Effect Your Health.
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. One of the foods you ought to be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food spot. The foods that you get from these fast food places are generally foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. In the following paragraphs we’re going to be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you remain healthy.
In terms of sitting down to an evening meal you should in addition think about lean proteins and also fish such as salmon. You will see that salmon is also rich in Omega-3 and other nutrients. And when it comes to lean protein, you should keep in mind that you only need to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. So that you can reduce your fat intake you should cut off any noticeable fat before you cook the meats.
For those of you who want to get started living a much healthier life the tips above will be able to help you do that. Something that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can buy in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy carrots, onions and jalapenos (mexican style) recipe. You can have spicy carrots, onions and jalapenos (mexican style) using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Spicy Carrots, Onions and Jalapenos (Mexican style):
- Provide 1 (32 ounce) of (4 cup) jar with lid.
- Get 3 of medium carrots, peeled if you desire.
- Provide 3/4 of medium white onion.
- You need 3 of large jalapenos (adjust to your taste).
- Use of pickling juice.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of white vinegar.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Get 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2-4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 to taste of crushed red pepper (optional, for extra spicy).
Steps to make Spicy Carrots, Onions and Jalapenos (Mexican style):
- I try to cut the carrots about 1/8 inch thick, on a bias. The onions I cut in larger chunks, and jalapenos I just slice..
- I like to cut up the veggies and see what fits in the jar before hand so I know I have enough, but not too much. This is based off that, and the jar I am using. Here is where I started..
- Add the vinegar and water to a 2 quart saucepan. Turn it on medium heat..
- Add the garlic and oregano and the optional crushed red pepper if using, bring it to a slow simmer 3 minutes about..
- Add the sugar (I'm using raw sugar, but that is just me)..
- Stir it constantly until the sugar is fully dissolved so it doesn't stick and burn. A couple minutes..
- Add in your prepared veggies, stir to mix. Bring back to where you see the first Bubbles..
- Turn off the heat. Cover the pan, let it sit for 1 hour..
- 1 hour later, this is what it looks like..
- I use a slotted soon to fill the jar, and then pour the pickling juice in when the veggies are all in. Shake the jar about 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 full to settled the veggies to make sure the space is used..
- Cover and put in the refrigerator. I like to let it sit for a week before enjoying. Although you can eat it right off, the flavors blend better after awhile..
If you find this Spicy Carrots, Onions and Jalapenos (Mexican style) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.