Easiest Way to Prepare Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters Award-winning
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Cash.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers along with hippies? Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are unable to transform things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. This must happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
Probably the food just isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, nevertheless it will save you money to use it over your oven. Maybe the realization that an oven utilizes 75% more energy will encourage you to use the microwave more. In comparison with your stove, you can make boiled water or steamed vegetables faster, and use considerably less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is definitely not true. You get the highest energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Preserve even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. It is pretty easy to live green, after all. Typically, all it will take is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet heat smoked chicken leg quarters recipe. To cook sweet heat smoked chicken leg quarters you need 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters:
- You need 3-4 of chicken leg quarters (depending on size).
- Prepare of for the brine.
- Provide 4 tbs of sea salt.
- You need 4 tbs of sriracha.
- Use 2 tbs of honey.
- Prepare 1 tbs of granulated chicken bullion.
- Get 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Get 1 cup of hot water.
- You need 2 cups of cold water.
- Provide of for the sauce.
- Provide 2 cups of all natural ketchup.
- Take 1 cup of brown sugar – packed.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Use 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 2-3 tbs of sriracha (depends on how much spice you like).
- Use 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Provide 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
Instructions to make Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters:
- Add the first 6 brine ingredients to a gallon size ziploc bag (I like the slide n seal bags). Add the hot water. Seal and shake vigorously to combine ingredients until salt is dissolved..
- Add cold water. Seal and shake again. Add chicken to bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible (careful to not squirted out any luquid). Seal bag and work brine around all chicken leg quarters..
- Lay bag flat in a large, wide bottomed bowl (tgis is in case there are any leaks). Place and refrigerator for at least 24 hrs, or up to 48. Turn at least once while brining..
- When ready to smoke. Working one at a time remove leg quarters from bag. Rinse under cold running water. Place on a large paper towel lined platter. Blot entire surface with paper towels to dry completely. Let sit out to come to room temperature while you prepare your smoker/grill..
- Prepare your smoker or grill for indirect smoking. Place leg quarters on grate, skin side up. Close lid. Smoke at 250°F for 2 hrs or until internal temp reached 165°F..
- While chicken is smoking make your sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low continue simmering uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce has darkened in color. About 10-15 minutes..
- In the last 15 minutes of smoking brush both sides of chicken leg quarters with sauce. When done remove to a platter. Let rest uncovered 10 minutes. Serve with additional sauce if desired and enjoy..
- Note: You will have extra sauce left over. Store it refrigerated for future use, it's good on lots of things. It will keep for at least a couple weeks!.
If you find this Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.