Recipe of Split Pea Ham Soup Favorite
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Split Pea Ham Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Split Pea Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
When you go grocery shopping, be sensible about it. If you make smart decisions when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a chaotic grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home quickly and have something good. Fill your cabinets with healthy foods. This makes it simple to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done every single day, can do a lot to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea ham soup recipe. You can have split pea ham soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Prepare of In Dutch Oven.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Get 1 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- Take 2 clove of chopped garlic.
- You need 2 cup of dried green split peas (rinsed and sorted through to insure no little rocks are going in your soup).
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of Vegeta (seasoned vegetable salt).
- Provide 8 cup of chicken broth.
- Provide 1 of dried bayleaf.
- Get 1 lb of smoked kielbasa, cut into large chunks. so its easy to remove before blending soup. Slice up after cooking.
Instructions to make Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Sautee butter, oil, celery, carrot, onion and garlic over medium heat, until onions are translucent..
- Add chicken broth, green split peas, bayleaf and vegeta.
- Add smoked kielbasa.
- Bring up to boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours, covered, stirring occasionally (or until peas are somewhat falling apart and tender).
- NOW I like my soup a little chunky, but some like it completely blended. I just use my immersion (stick) blender and pulse it a few times, until I reach a desired consistency. You can use a blender too, if you would like. REMOVE BAYLEAF AND MEAT BEFORE BLENDING.
- Slice up kielbasa. Add back to soup. Enjoy!.
- You can substitute smoked ham hock, cubed ham steak, reg sausage…whatever you choose..
This traditional pea soup will become a firm family favourite. FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THIS POST IS. Prepare peas according to on-pack preparation instructions. Remove hock and prepare by removing skin and fat.
If you find this Split Pea Ham Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.