Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Chocolate Covered Cherries Homemade
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chocolate Covered Cherries recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chocolate Covered Cherries recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Dollars.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared obligation we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Begin with exchanging the lights. Accomplish this for your house, not only the kitchen. You really need to upgrade your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more initially, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. Making use of these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. You also have to acquire the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The family spends major time in the kitchen area, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not limited to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house at the same time. Try keeping the lights off if you don’t absolutely need them, and notice how much electricity you can save.
From the above it really should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living just isn’t that difficult. It’s related to being functional, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chocolate covered cherries recipe. You can cook chocolate covered cherries using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chocolate Covered Cherries:
- Get of fondant.
- Use 2 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk.
- Get 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of invertase.
- Provide of additional ingredients.
- Take 2 (8 ounce) of jars of maraschino cherries, with stems.
- Take 1 cup of cherry flavored brandy.
- Take 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
- You need 2 tbsp of Crisco.
- Take of optional garnishes.
- You need 1 of mini M&Ms candies.
- Prepare 1 of finely chopped pecans.
- Provide 1 of candy sprinkles.
- Prepare 1 of Heath bar chips.
Steps to make Chocolate Covered Cherries:
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid–it's good in cola drinks!). Split the brandy between the 2 jars of cherries. If cherries aren't completely covered by the brandy, add some of the reserved cherry liquid to cover. Replace the jar lids and refrigerate for 2 days..
- In a small mixing bowl (from electric stand mixer) combine the fondant ingredients and mix well. Knead until smooth and form into a large ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate..
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid–it's now even BETTER in cola drinks! LOL). Lay cherries on paper towels..
- Roll chilled fondant into 1-inch balls and flatten each into a 2-inch circle. Wrap around cherries to completely cover and smoosh tightly around the lowest part of the cherry stem. You want the cherries to be completely sealed by the fondant, kind of "air tight"..
- Place with stems up on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight..
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the white chocolate chips in 2 separate coffe mugs. Add 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening to each. (It's best to just work with one of the cups of chips at a time from this point on, dipping half your cherries in the dark chocolate before melting the white chocolate for dipping the other half of your cherries.).
- Microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted, continue microwaving ONLY in 5-second intervals, just until melted..
- Holding on to stem, dip cherries into chocolate, allow excess to drip back into the cup of chocolate, and roll (if desired) in any of the additional decorating ingredients. Set on waxed paper to harden..
- Store in a covered container. Refrigerate 1-2 weeks before serving so that the fondant (specifically, the invertase) somewhat liquifies the cherry..
A homemade version of the classic treat that's impossible to resist! Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe: Line a large plate with parchment paper, and set aside. Combine the liquid coconut oil and sweetener, then stir in the cocoa until a thin sauce forms. Holding stem of cherry, dip cherry into melted chocolate to coat. You can coat half of cherry in white chocolate and half in semisweet.
If you find this Chocolate Covered Cherries recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.