Simple Way to Prepare Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie . Favorite
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie . recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie . recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie . recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Picking The Right Foods Can Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. It’s also advisable to realize that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. You will be delighted to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you need to be ingesting every day.
Citrus fruit will be one of the best things that you can have for your desserts, rather than having a piece of cake or even ice cream. In addition to vitamin C, you will find that there are plenty of other health benefits that you will find in these types of fruits. A thing you may want to try for one of your desserts will be to mix coconut with orange sections and top the combination off with a teaspoon of honey.
By following a number of the suggestions above you will notice that you can be living a healthier life. Also if you remove all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to amy's rustic yumulicious apple pie . recipe. You can have amy's rustic yumulicious apple pie . using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie .:
- Use of Pastry Ingredients.
- You need of plain flour – sifted.
- Take of icing sugar – sifted.
- You need of cold butter – cut into small cube pieces.
- Get of egg yolks.
- You need of cold water.
- You need of milk for glazing.
- Prepare of Filling Ingredients.
- Prepare of -8 medium apples – peeled , cut into quarters and cored.
- Provide of caster sugar – super fine sugar with a little extra for dusting ..
- Provide of water.
- Use of ground cinnomon.
- Prepare of marmalade.
- Get of blueberries.
- Provide of butter.
Instructions to make Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie .:
- FILLING : In a large saucepan add the prepared apples , sugar , water and cinnamon , on low to medium heat , cover and cook , stirring occasionally , for about 20 minutes or until the apples are just softened then remove from the heat and pour out any excess liquid , which may be kept for other use or garnish if desired , then add the marmalade and gently mix through . set aside to cool whilst you make the pastry ..
- preheat oven to 210°C / 420°F . Brush a large pie dish , roughly 23cm diameter , with melted butter or oil , i used extra virgin olive oil , and set aside till needed ..
- MAKING THE PASTRY : in a bowl or food processor add the sifted icing sugar , sifted flour and the butter cubes and mix together till it resembles breadcrumbs , best done with finger tips , then add the egg yolks and the water and mix together well till it comes together to form a dough ..
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead the dough briefly to form a smooth manageable dough and divide dough into 2 portions with one portion being slightly bigger than the other for base of pie and smaller for pie lid ..
- POLLING THE PASTRY : Roll the larger dough portion out between two sheets of baking paper the size to fit the pie base and sides , once big enough remove top sheet of paper and , using the bottom piece to help you , place the rolled out dough into the prepared pie dish , covering all the base and sides of the pie dish , gently press into the pie dish to mould it to the pie dish properly , leave any excess over sides hanging for now ..
- Roll second portion of pastry dough out between two pieces of baking paper and roll out as like you did the base , to the size to fit the top as the pastry pie lid , leave between the baking paper and set aside till needed ..
- FILLING THE PIE : Pile the cooked , cooled apples evenly into prepared pastry lined pie dish and sprinkle the blackberries around over the apples and scatter dollops of butter over and around the apples and blueberry filling , brush the pie rim with milk then carefully place the prepared pastry lid over top of prepared filled pie and press edges together with the pastry base sides to seal it , trim the edges and set aside for later use , press fork into pie pastry rim to make a pattern and pierce a few small holes in pastry lid of pie to allow steam to escape whilst cooking ..
- With the cut off left over dough , roll it out and either using cookie cutters cut little pastry cut out for pie lid decoration or cut your own design , brush bases of little cutouts with milk and gently place and press onto pastry pie lid in a decorative pattern . brush the whole pastry pie lid with milk and sprinkle all over with caster sugar ..
- Place prepared pie into the oven and turn the heat down to 180°C / 360°F and bake the pie for 30 – 35 minutes or until pastry is a golden brown . Remove from heat and enjoy hot cold or at room temperature , serve with cream , ice cream , custard or any topping of your choice or taste great just it on it's own . enjoy . 🙂 ..
- NOTE : pie can be frozen and enjoyed later and you can also add any filling you like ..
If you find this Amy's Rustic Yumulicious Apple Pie . recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.