Easiest Way to Prepare Salt Beef and Potato Latkes Any-night-of-the-week
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Salt Beef and Potato Latkes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salt Beef and Potato Latkes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Decide To Eat.
Many men and women do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. You should also understand that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These sorts of foods are packed with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. You will be happy to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you ought to be ingesting every day.
Nuts and also various seeds will be a much better option when you are searching for a quick snack to enjoy. You will come to realize that these snack items tend to be loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and seeds will have much more than others. Your system will use these types of fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones that your body demands to stay healthy. A few of these hormones that are needed are only able to be produced by having these fatty acids throughout your diet.
If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you should take these tips to heart. One thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to salt beef and potato latkes recipe. You can have salt beef and potato latkes using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Salt Beef and Potato Latkes:
- You need of For the salt beef:.
- Get 1.5 of – 2 kg piece of salt beef brisket, not too lean.
- Get 6 cloves of garlic, unpeeled but cut in half.
- Prepare 2 of onions, peeled and halved.
- Get 2 of large carrots, peeled and halved.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pickling spice (remove all but one clove).
- Take of Enough cold water to cover.
- Take of For the potato latkes (makes about 20):.
- Prepare 1.5 kg of potatoes, peeled.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, peeled.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 150 g of self-raising flour.
- Take 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
Instructions to make Salt Beef and Potato Latkes:
- To make the salt beef: Place the brisket, onions, carrots, garlic and pickling spice in a large pan. Cover with water to a depth of 5cm..
- Bring to the boil, skim off any scum, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer..
- Cover the pan and cook for 3 – 4 hours, until the meat is soft and tender..
- To make the latkes: Grate the potatoes and onions using a medium grater. Squeeze out any excess water and put into a mixing bowl with the beaten eggs and flour, and stir well to make a sloppy batter..
- Add the salt and white pepper. Don’t let the batter stand for too long or the potato will blacken..
- Heat 1cm of vegetable oil in a frying pan. When hot (but not smoking), fry a spoonful of batter until golden on each side. Taste to check the seasoning..
- Use two dessert spoons of the mix per latke, flattened to form 10cm discs in the pan. Fry 4 – 6 at a time. When the undersides are golden, turn them over..
- Continue to fry until they are brown and crispy..
- When the brisket is cooked, lift from the pan, slice and serve with the latkes, boiled cabbage, English mustard (made from the powder) and new green pickled cucumbers. Find a recipe for these at www.justnotkosher.com.
If you find this Salt Beef and Potato Latkes recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.