Simple Way to Make My grandmother's latkes Ultimate
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect My grandmother's latkes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My grandmother's latkes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Foods You Pick To Eat Are Going To Effect Your Health.
Many people do not fully grasp that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food spot. You will find that the nutrition in these sorts of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be really bad. You will be pleased to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you need to be eating every day.
Everyone likes to have dessert just after their meals and if you are one of those folks you may want to consider some citrus fruit. Citrus fruits in addition provide you with vitamin C, as well as other vitamins and also minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always liked is orange pieces mixed together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a light honey dressing.
For those of you who want to begin living a healthier life the tips above can help you do that. The pre packaged highly refined foods that you can discover in any store is additionally not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to my grandmother's latkes recipe. To cook my grandmother's latkes you only need 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make My grandmother's latkes:
- Get 4 of potatoes.
- Use 1 of egg.
- Provide 1 of each onion.
- Provide 1/2 cup of matzah meal.
- Provide 1 of salt.
- Use 1 of pepper.
- Take 1 of oil.
Instructions to make My grandmother's latkes:
- Peal and cut up the potatoes and onions..
- Using your food processor with the shred disc side up, put the potato and onion chunks in. make they are shredded well..
- Put the shredded potato and onion mixture in a large boel. Add one egg. Mix well..
- Start by adding approximately 1/4 to 1/2 cup matzah meal to the mixture. You want the mixture to come together but still mixable..
- Add enough salt and pepper for you. I personally add about a tablespoon of salt and about a teaspoon of pepper..
- Pour in enough oil to coat the bottom of a large frying pan. Heat on medium heat..
- When the oil heats up put a large spoonful of the mixture in the pan, pressing down with spoon. Add more spoonfuls until the pan holds 4-6 pancakes depending on the size of your pan..
- When the edges start turning brown flip them over. Dry for another 3-5 minutes until brown on both sides..
- Using a spatula scoop out the latkes onto a paper btowel lined plate. Add more oil and continue frying until all of the mixture is used up..
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream..
If you find this My grandmother's latkes recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.