Recipe of Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo Quick
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
When you go to the grocery store, be sensible about it. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home quickly and have something beneficial. Fill your pantry shelves with wholesome foods. This way—even if you pick out something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still picking foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are plenty of things you can do to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Trying to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your healthfulness. You need to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe. You can cook brad's chicken and sausage gumbo using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo:
- Get 3 lbs of chicken thighs with bone and skin.
- Provide of Seasoned flour to dredge chicken.
- Get 1 of lg yellow onion, chopped.
- Use 1 of red & 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 6 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 8-10 of roma tomatoes, chopped.
- Take 10 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Use 1 1/2 cups of cream sherry.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of shortening.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 10-12 cups of water.
- Use 1/3 cup of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Provide 1 tbs of dried oregano.
- Take 1 tbs of smoked paprika.
- Take 1/2 tbs of white pepper.
- Provide of Cajun seasoning to taste. I like it spicy so I used a fair bit.
- You need 1 pkg of frozen okra.
- Get 1 1/2-2 lbs of andouille sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick.
- Take 4-6 cups of prepared white rice.
- Take of Gumbo filé.
Instructions to make Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo:
- Place seasoned flour into a lg ziplock bag. Add chicken and seal. Shake well to coat evenly. Heat canola oil in a lg frying pan just under medium heat. Fry chicken covered until golden brown on both sides. Set aside..
- In the same pan, reserve 2 tbs of the chicken grease. Add onions, peppers, and celery. Fry on medium heat until onions are translucent..
- Meanwhile in a lg Dutch oven, melt shortening on medium heat. Add flour and mix thoroughly. Stir almost constantly until the roux becomes almost a chocolate brown and smells very nutty. This takes a while, but is the base Flavor of the dish. If it starts to smell burnt. Start over..
- Add tomatoes and garlic to the onion mixture. Keep frying until about half of the liquid from the onions evaporates. Add sherry. Bring to a simmer until half of that liquid evaporates..
- When the roux is done it will be a nice caramel color. Slowly add the onion mixture to it. Continue to stir constantly. Add water and mix thoroughly. Add the fried chicken, bouillon and spices. Bring to a simmer and simmer for an hour uncovered. Stir every 5-10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Add okra and sausage. Simmer for another 20 minutes..
- In a bowl, plate rice off to one side. Add gumbo to the bowl, and top with a chicken thigh. Sprinkle a little gumbo filé on top and serve immediately. Enjoy..
Note: The roux is probably the most important part of making a gumbo, take your time and you will be rewarded (To quote Alton Brown). The darker the color, the richer it will. Remove and shred meat, and discard bones and skin; stir meat back into gumbo. This slow-cooker gumbo recipe skips the fat when browning the flour and swaps in turkey sausage and brown rice, resulting in a healthier dish with the classic Creole taste. Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
If you find this Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.