Recipe of Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup Quick
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
In general, people have been conditioned to believe that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this is true. At times, comfort foods can be utterly nutritious and good for us to consume. Some foods actually do improve your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly terrific at dealing with depression. Just make sure that you don’t toss out the egg yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most important in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, specifically the yolks, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can genuinely help you improve your mood. This is because these vitamins increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Try eating some eggs to feel better!
As you can see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a couple of of these tips instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker split pea soup recipe. You can have slow cooker split pea soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- You need 1 package (16 ounces) of dried green split peas, rinsed.
- Take 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Take 1 1/2 Cups of chopped carrots.
- Use 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary, crushed.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 carton (32 ounces) of reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- Take 3 cups of water.
- You need 2 cups of cubed fully cooked ham steaks.
- Prepare 2-3 of Bay Leaves.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Mix all ingredients, except the ham, the water & stock, and the bay leaves, into the slow cooker..
- Add the ham and water & stock into the pot, stir everything together..
- Finally, place the bay leaves into the pot..
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, set the temperature on low, and cook for 8 hours..
If you find this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.