Simple Way to Make Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks Perfect
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Decide To Eat.
Many men and women do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food location. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are generally foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. That is why we are going to be going over the food items that you should be consuming that will have a beneficial effect on your health.
Now when it comes to the main food items that you should have for dinner, you might want to make sure you are eating plenty of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. The point that salmon is also full of Omega-3 is just one of the reasons it is a good choice, but it also contains other essential nutrients you will need. Protein is essential for your diet, however you don’t have to eat a lot, as a 3 ounces is all you truly need. You should also trim off any excess fat that you find on the particular meats that you’re planning to eat.
By simply following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you can be living a healthier life. Also if you remove all the refined food that you should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet & savory maple glazed ham steaks recipe. You can cook sweet & savory maple glazed ham steaks using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks:
- Provide 3-8 ounce of ham steaks (maple or brown sugar flavor are extra yummy).
- Take 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Provide 1 cup of pure maple syrup (NOT pancake syrup!) grade B if available.
- You need 1 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- Provide 1 tbsp of spicy brown mustard.
- Get 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Use 1 tbsp of apple juice.
- Provide pinch of each cinnamon and ginger, optional.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter, for skillet.
Instructions to make Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks:
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except ham and butter. Whisk well to combine. Pour into saucepan and warm over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens to a syrupy texture; about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit..
- Score edges of ham steaks about every 2 inches to prevent curling. Warm butter in skillet over medium heat, add ham steaks and fry about 2 1/2-3 minutes. You may need to cook steaks individually if they don't fit..
- Flip over and spoon maple glaze onto steaks evenly. Fry for another 3 minutes or so, to desired doneness. Serve with mashed potatoes (see my recipe) and remaining maple glaze, if desired..
- Note* the maple glaze keeps nicely in the fridge for a long time. If it hardens or gets grainy just microwave it for 20 seconds at a time until it reaches the proper consistency, but WATCH CLOSELY!!! I have had it boil over and it makes a HUGE mess! Enjoy!.
If you find this Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.