Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Korean Kimchi recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Korean Kimchi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Korean Kimchi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Selecting The Best Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or perhaps negatively. You should also realize that there are foods that you'll need to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These types of foods are filled with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. In the following paragraphs we shall be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced.
Now when it comes to the primary food items that you have for dinner, you might want to make sure you are eating plenty of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. The reality that salmon is also full of Omega-3 is just one of the reasons why it is a good choice, but it also contains other essential nutrients you will need. And whenever it comes to lean protein, you should keep in mind that you only need to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. It's also wise to trim off any excess fat that you find on the specific meats that you plan to eat.
If you determine that your health is important to you, you ought to take these tips to heart. Also if you eliminate all the processed foods that you should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to korean kimchi recipe. You can have korean kimchi using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Korean Kimchi:
- Take of Chinese Cabbage.
- Get of Rock Salt.
- You need of Glutinous Rice Flour.
- Provide of White Sugar.
- Provide of Water.
- You need of Garlic.
- Get of Ginger.
- Take of White Onion.
- Provide of Fish Sauce.
- Get of Gochugaru.
- Get of Leeks.
- Provide of Carrot.
- Get of Radish.
- Get of Honey (optional).
Instructions to make Korean Kimchi:
- PREPARE THE CABBAGE Cut the cabbage lengthwise into quarters, then chop into bite-size pieces. Soak in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl..
- Add 1/2 cup salt and mix well; turn it over after 30 minutes. - repeat 2x (total of 1 hour) Rinse and drain for 3x. Squeeze out water on the last time, put on a strainer and let it air dry for 30 minutes..
- MAKE THE GLUTINOUS PASTE Dilute the rice flour in water. Heat and bring to boil while stirring, for about 5 minutes. Lower the heat. When you see it bubbling, add sugar. Cook for a few more minutes until it becomes translucent. Let it cool completely. Tip: To cool faster, but the pot in a pan half-filled with water; just make sure that the pot is taller than the pan..
- PREPARE THE KIMCHI SAUCE Using the food processor, chop and blend the garlic, ginger, onion, and fish sauce for about 1 minute. Mix it with the cooled glutinous paste and hot pepper flakes..
- Wash the leeks thoroughly. Dry it with paper towel and cut diagonally. Peel the carrot and radish and cut into thin strips. Add the leeks, carrots, radish, (and honey) to the kimchi sauce and mix well. You can taste test and adjust depending on the level of heat, saltiness, and sweetness that you prefer..
- MIX THE KIMCHI In a clean large bowl, put the cabbage and add the sauce gradually. Use clean and dry hands (or use a clean food-grade gloves) to mix the ingredients. Make sure to distribute the kimchi sauce evenly and all cabbage pieces have been covered with sauce. Transfer to a clean container and press it to remove air bubbles. Leave at room temperature and place in a dark area or cover it with dry clean towel. Transfer to the ref on the 3rd day..
- Best eaten after its 1st to 2nd week of fermentation..
If you find this Korean Kimchi recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.