Steps to Prepare Portuguese Baked Eggs Speedy
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
A lot of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are not good and should be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. A number of foods honestly do elevate your mood when you eat them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, try a few of these.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you wish to beat back depression. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all full of omega-3 fats and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can earnestly boost your mood.
So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to portuguese baked eggs recipe. To cook portuguese baked eggs you need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Portuguese Baked Eggs:
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Provide 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Use 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 medium of tomatoes, chopped.
- Provide 1 of handful leaves of spinach, chopped.
- You need 2 of or 3 jalapeños, each de-seeded and sliced into two halves.
- Use 6 of eggs.
- Use 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 pinch of dried basil.
- You need 1 pinch of oregano.
- Provide 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- Prepare 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 dash of of pepper.
- Take 1 of salt to taste.
Steps to make Portuguese Baked Eggs:
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the sliced bell peppers and onions to it. Sauté till they turn golden brown..
- Next add tomatoes, garlic, spinach and jalapeños to the pan and sauté till all the vegetables have reduced. (I was running short on jalapeños so I just used chilli instead).
- After the vegetables have reduced, add basil, oregano and paprika to them. You may season the vegetables with pepper too. Add salt to taste..
- Separate the jalapeños from the vegetable-mix..
- I used a pie plate here but a skillet works too. Spray Pam over the pie plate/skillet..
- Transfer the vegetable-mix to the plate and form 6 tiny wells with the help of a scoop or a spoon. In each well add a dollop of ricotta and an egg..
- Decorate as you would like to. I placed a few slices of tomato..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each egg-well and cover the entire plate with a generous layer of grated Parmesan..
- Bake for 20-22 minutes for a little runny yolks and about 40 minutes for well-done eggs and a golden-crisp layer of Parmesan cheese, just the way I like it! Serve hot with some bread, toasted or not as you would like..
If you find this Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.