Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Boost Your Mood.
For the most part, people have been trained to think that "comfort" foods are bad for the body and must be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, comfort foods can be utterly nutritious and good for us to eat. There are some foods that, when you consume them, can improve your mood. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you're in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Green tea is truly great for your mood. You were simply expecting to read that here, weren't you? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have found that this amino acid essentially stimulates brain waves. This will improve your brain's concentration while also calming the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you feel better. And now you know it can help you be happier also!
See, you don't need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to vickys red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can cook vickys red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting gf df ef sf nf using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting GF DF EF SF NF:
- You need of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Take of salt.
- You need of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Use of dairy-free spread / butter.
- Provide of granulated sugar.
- Provide of eggs or substitute with 4 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 12 tbsp water and set aside until it has turned gelatinous, then whisk in 2tbsp oil.
- Use of beetroot juice.
- Prepare of light coconut milk - remove 2 tsp of milk and add.
- Provide of cider vinegar to it. This mixture makes vegan 'buttermilk'.
- Get of vanilla extract.
- Provide of apple cider vinegar.
- Take of baking soda.
- Provide of Frosting.
- Prepare of cream cheese -Violife brand is vegan and coconut-based.
- Take of dairy-free spread / butter.
- Prepare of icing / powdered sugar.
- Provide of vanilla extract.
- Provide of Light coconut milk as required to thin.
Instructions to make Vickys Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting GF DF EF SF NF:
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans. Remember to use metal utensils to avoid beetroot juice stains.
- Add the salt & cocoa to the flour and set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and light. If using eggs, add them one at a time to this mixture, beating at least one minute after each addition, otherwise just beat in the flaxseed / oil mixture.
- Add the beetroot juice and vanilla to the buttermilk. Alternate adding this liquid and the flour mixture to the creamed sugar. Use a spatula or put your mixer on low, don't overbeat.
- Put the vinegar in a small bowl and add the baking soda. It will foam up briefly. Fold into the cake batter gently, don't beat or overmix. The batter should be somewhat thick but pourable. If you think it's too thick add a little water before you add the vinegar mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tins and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tins. Turn out and let cake cool completely on a wire rack before frosting. Cut each layer in half to create a four-layer cake if you like.
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese with the softened butter. Gently mix in the powdered sugar, add the vanilla and a little water to give a good spreading consistency.
If you find this Vickys Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting GF DF EF SF NF recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.