Recipe of One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole Homemade
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and need to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be extremely nutritious and good for you. There are a number of foods that really can boost your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and need an emotional boost, try some of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be really terrific at dealing with depression. Just make sure that you do not toss the egg yolk. Every time you wish to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most essential part of the egg. Eggs, especially the yolks, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can genuinely help you improve your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Eat a few eggs to cheer up!
As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Go with these tips instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to one pot stuffed pepper casserole recipe. You can have one pot stuffed pepper casserole using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole:
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Use 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Take 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Use 2 of large bell peppers, diced (any color).
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- Take 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Take 1 can (8 oz.) of tomato sauce.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken broth (or water).
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- Use To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
Instructions to make One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole:
- In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onions and peppers. Stir and cook until the onions turn translucent, about 3-5 minutes..
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook, breaking the beef up, until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat if needed. Stir in the garlic, diced tomatoes and rice and increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, brown sugar, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Then stir in the tomato sauce and broth (or water). Let this come to a boil..
- Once at a boil, place the lid on and reduce the heat down to med-low. Let this simmer for 60 or so minutes, stirring every so often so nothing sticks (if using a different rice or quinoa, then adjust to a shorter cooking time), until most of the liquid had absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once it's done. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top and place the lid back on until the cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge..
If you find this One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.