Step-by-Step Guide to Make One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice Ultimate
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
A lot of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we ought to keep away from them. At times, if the comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. A number of foods really do improve your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you wish to combat depression. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. DHA and omega-3s are two things that raise the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can greatly boost your mood.
So you see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try some of these hints instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to one pot mexican beef and brown rice recipe. To make one pot mexican beef and brown rice you need 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice:
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Provide 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- Take 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Get 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- Take 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of onion powder.
- Use to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of medium yellow squash, sliced into thin coins, then quartered.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (reduced sodium recommended).
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need of Optional Toppings :.
- Prepare of ·Sour Cream.
- Use of ·Drizzle of sriracha.
- Provide of ·Crushed Tortilla Chips.
- Use of ·Additional Shredded Cheese.
- Prepare of ·Shredded Lettuce.
- Provide of ·Diced Avacado.
- Take of ·Freshly Diced Tomato.
- Use of ·Sliced Jalapenos.
Steps to make One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice:
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes and beans. Then stir in the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the broth and the squash. Let it come to a boil. Once boiling, place the lid on and decrease the heat down to med-low..
- Allow to simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking (if using a different kind of rice besides brown rice, then decrease the cook time), until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once done and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place the lid back on so the cheese will melt, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers..
- It's very versatile. Pictured with pinto beans instead of black beans and 1 cup corn kernels instead of squash –>.
If you find this One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.