How to Prepare Irish Brown Bread (Whole Wheat Soda Bread) Quick
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Irish Brown Bread (Whole Wheat Soda Bread) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Irish Brown Bread (Whole Wheat Soda Bread) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we must keep away from them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to consume. There are some foods that really can raise your moods when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Put together a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be elevated by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The higher your serotonin levels, the more pleasant you will feel. Not only that but nuts, particularly, are a fantastic protein source.
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you wish to feel better! Try these tips instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to irish brown bread (whole wheat soda bread) recipe. To cook irish brown bread (whole wheat soda bread) you need 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Irish Brown Bread (Whole Wheat Soda Bread):
- You need 175 grams of Whole wheat flour.
- Provide 50 grams of White flour.
- Take 2 Tbsp of Wheat bran (optional).
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Use 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 200 ml of Buttermilk – OR – 100 ml milk + 100 g yogurt.
- Take 1 tsp of Caraway seeds (optional).
Instructions to make Irish Brown Bread (Whole Wheat Soda Bread):
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Fluff it up a bit with your hands or whisk to add some air..
- Roughly mix in the buttermilk (or milk/yogurt mix) until the dough just comes together..
- Without kneading too much (kneading will make the dough dense), form a dome-shaped dough and place on a greased baking pan (you can use wax paper, etc. too)..
- With a knife, cut a cross shape into the dough about 2/3 deep..
- Bake at 400°F/200°C for 10 minutes. Then lower temperature to 350°F/180°C and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Lastly, turn the bread upside-down and bake for 5 more minutes..
- Remove from oven and wrap in a tea towel or cloth to prevent the bread from becoming too hard. Let cool a bit and dig in!.
If you find this Irish Brown Bread (Whole Wheat Soda Bread) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.