Steps to Make Sour Cream Apple Pie Ultimate
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Sour Cream Apple Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sour Cream Apple Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sour Cream Apple Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money Inside the Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared burden we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot transform things for the better without everyone’s active participation. These modifications need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good a place get started on as any. This will probably go further than the kitchen, but that is okay. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are usually energy-savers, and you must use them instead of incandescent lights. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the extras is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will probably end up at a landfill site. It goes further than merely replacing the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is another good thing to do. The kitchen lights especially are often left on the entire day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it takes place in other parts of the house at the same time. Try keeping the lights off until you absolutely need them, and see just how much electricity you can save.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is not really that difficult. It’s related to being practical, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sour cream apple pie recipe. To make sour cream apple pie you need 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sour Cream Apple Pie:
- Use of **PIE CRUST or use store-bought **.
- Use of Flour (150 g).
- You need of Unsalted butter (75 g).
- Prepare of **SOUR CREAM FILLING**.
- Prepare of Sour cream (240 ml).
- Get of Sugar (100 g).
- Take of Flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Vanilla.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- Get of Egg.
- Get of small apples (or 2 large), chopped.
- Prepare of **CRUMBLE TOPPING**.
- Take of brown sugar (1/2 US cup).
- Provide of flour (45 g).
- Prepare of Unsalted butter (60 g or 1/4 cup).
Instructions to make Sour Cream Apple Pie:
- Cut 5 Tbsp (75g) chilled butter in little pieces, add 150 g flour and mix hands until crumbly. Add about 2 Tbsp cold water until dough starts to come together..
- Form into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (you can make the dough up to a couple days before hand too!)..
- When ready to use pie dough, flour a large surface and roll out dough with a rolling pin until about 1/4 in (2mm) thick, or big enough to lay over pie dish. Lay over pie dish and gently press into sides and over edges..
- To make cream cheese pie filling, whisk together sour cream, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and egg..
- Peel and chop apples into small pieces. Fill pie dish with pieces..
- Pour sour cream filling over apples..
- Bake at 400F/200C for 25 minutes (the crumbles will be added after 25 minutes and then baked longer).
- Make the Filling: In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and butter cut into small pieces. Mix with fingers until crumbles form. Set in fridge if not using right away..
- Take pie out of oven after 25 minutes and sprinkle over crumble topping..
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes..
- Pull it out of the oven and let cool for 30-60 minutes. Cut off any 'ugly,' uneven edges of the pie crust if you have any!.
Mix the crumb topping ingredients until crumbly. Remove pie from oven and spread with crumb topping. Sour Cream Apple Pie: I started celebrating pie day when I moved into the dorms in college and somebody told me it was impossible to make a decent I served this pie with a dollop of homemade unsweetened whipped cream. The packed apples settle wonderfully in the sour cream custard. A delicious creamy custard apple pie recipe with a brown sugar and butter topping that is out of this world!
If you find this Sour Cream Apple Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.