Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. You will recognize that the nutrition in these varieties of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be really bad. In the following paragraphs we're going to be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced.
One of the primary forms of foods you need to be eating plenty of, is various berries. The amount of vitamin C that can be found in berries, is one of the principal reasons you should be eating berries. Most berries also have loads of anti-oxidants, which is really beneficial to your overall health and is particularly good for your circulatory system. You may additionally be aware that antioxidants are also able to help make sure you have healthy cells and it can also help to stop the deterioration of the cells.
By simply following a number of the suggestions above you will notice that you can be living a healthier life. The pre packaged processed foods that you can discover in any store is in addition not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to hainan chicken rice (from scratch) recipe. You can have hainan chicken rice (from scratch) using 33 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch):
- Take of Whole Chicken.
- Get of White Rice (unwashed, not soaked).
- Prepare of Garlic (minced).
- Provide of Ginger (1 knob).
- Get of Spring Onions (3 stalks).
- Provide of Yellow Onion.
- Get of Water (for Stock).
- Take of Water (for Schmaltz).
- Provide of Nai Bai (Baby Bok Choy).
- Get of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare of Sesame Oil.
- Take of Salt (1 tsp).
- Prepare of Pickles (mix well in a bowl);.
- Prepare of Carrot (cut into matchsticks).
- Get of Radish (cut into matchsticks).
- Use of Cucumber (cut into matchsticks).
- You need of Rice Vinegar.
- Provide of Sugar.
- Use of Salt.
- Take of Chilli & Garlic Dip (blend in a Food Processor);.
- You need of Fresh Red Chillies (deseed, rough chop).
- Get of Garlic (rough chopped).
- Get of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Use of Spring Onion & Ginger Dip (mix in a bowl);.
- Prepare of Spring Onion (minced).
- Prepare of Ginger (minced).
- You need of Salt.
- Provide of Ice Bath Marinade (mix in a bowl);.
- Use of Fish Sauce.
- You need of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare of Stock.
- Take of trays Ice.
Steps to make Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch):
- PICKLES; once you've cut the cucumber, radish and carrots into matchsticks, put them in a bowl and add 1/3 cup of rice vinegar, 2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp Salt. Mix well and serve in a saucer..
- SPRING ONION & GINGER DIP; Finely chop the Spring Onions, Ginger and then add 1/4 tsp Salt. Mix well in a bowl. In a saucepan, heat up 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot and then TURN OFF THE HEAT. Add the veggies to the oil and mix well. Serve it in a dipping bowl..
- CHILLI & GARLIC DIP; combine 3 fresh Red Chillies (deseeded), 30g of Garlic, 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil and 1/4 Salt in a food processor or chopper extension and blitz until fine. Serve in a dipping bowl. FUN FACT; this is also a version of a Spicy Aioli Dip..
- BUTCHERING; A simpler way is to parboil the chicken and then debone it but then the cooking time will take too long. Instead, debone the entire chicken first; separate the bones, the extra skin and fats from the carcass, and the meat. Keep the skin on with the meat cuts and discard the head, the feet and the innards. SEASON the Chicken Meat with 1 tsp Salt and set aside..
- STOCK; In a stock pot, add 3 litre of water, yellow onion, 1 knob of Ginger, 3 stalks spring onion and chicken bones. Bring it to a boil and let it cook on a rolling boil for 10 minutes. Remember to skim off the scum from the surface..
- POACH; After 10 minutes, turn down the heat to a simmer (80 Celcius/180 Fahrenheit). Put in the chicken and cover with a lid. Poach the chicken meat for 10-15 minutes. To check whether the chicken is done, take a skewer and poke the thickest middle part. Place the skewer on your lips to test the heat. If it's hot then it's done. Remove and proceed to the Ice Bath..
- ICE BATH; Prepare a bowl with Ice, 1.5 cup Stock, Fish Sauce, Rice Vinegar and marinate the Chicken Meat for 20 minutes. The ice bath will shock the skin and give it a better texture as well as marinating the chicken..
- SCHMALTZ; Cut up the Chicken Skin into pieces. In a wok, heat up the chicken fats with with 1/2 cup water (or more) and cook until the liquid has turned yellow, the skins have browned, the water has evaporated and the fats are sizzling. Discard the skins and proceed to saute the garlic..
- SAUTE GARLIC & RICE; add 30g of Garlic into the pot with Schmaltz and fry it until fragrant. Then add 2 cups of White Rice. Mix well and toss for a minute..
- COOK THE RICE; add 2 cups of Stock in the rice pot with 1/4 tsp of Salt (2 pinches). Cook on low heat until all the moisture has left. When the liquid is gone, turn off the heat and comb the rice. Cover with a lid and let it rest for 10 minutes..
- BABY BOK CHOY; Discard the Bones, Yellow Onion, Spring Onions and Ginger from the Stock. Season the stock with 1/4 tsp of Salt. Blanch the Baby Bok Choy in the simmering stock for 30 seconds. Remove and set aside. The Stock can be served as soup accompanying the Chicken Rice..
- ASSEMBLY; Remove the Chicken from the ice bath, cut into serving pieces, brush with sesame oil and serve it on a plate. Serve the Rice in a serving bowl and garnish it with chopped spring onions. Pair the Chicken Rice with Pickles, Chilli & Garlic Dip, Spring Onion & Ginger Dip..
- Bless you and your house for reading this far ðŸ‘?ðŸ‘?.
If you find this Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.