How to Make Vegan Refried Beans Any-night-of-the-week
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Vegan Refried Beans recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegan Refried Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegan Refried Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Drink water, not other drinks. Having a soda or cup of coffee every so often won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your sole source of hydration, on the other hand, is dumb. Having water instead of other forms of drinks is a good way to help your body in its health and hydration. This also helps you lower your caloric intake by hundreds of points without having to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Water is often the key to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are lots of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your lifestyle choices. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan refried beans recipe. To make vegan refried beans you need 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Refried Beans:
- Get of pinto beans, washed and soaked overnight.
- You need of large clove of garlic sliced.
- Get of dried oregano.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- Get of medium sized red/brown onion finely diced.
- Use of Serrano chilli pepper finely diced.
- Get of smoked paprika.
- Take of Salt as required.
Instructions to make Vegan Refried Beans:
- Wash the pinto beans and soak with 2 cups of water for at least 8-10 hours. I have used the beans depicted in the picture of the completed dish..
- In a large stockpot, add the soaked pinto beans along with the water it has been soaking in and add an additional 3 cups of water..
- To the beans, add sliced garlic and the dried oregano. The original recipe uses epazote but I didn’t have any on hand so some dried oregano will do just fine..
- Bring these beans up to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a medium and let the beans simmer for an hour and a half..
- Alternatively (this is the method I used), if you own a pressure cooker, you may add all of the above ingredients into a pressure cooker and cook for 6 whistles on medium-high heat..
- WARNING: When using a pressure cooker, exercise extreme caution! Open the lid only when all the pressure has settled!.
- Check for the doneness of the beans. Using the back of a spoon, mash a bean against the wall of your vessel. If it turns to mush pretty easily, your beans are done..
- In a saucepan, heat your butter and add the finely diced onions to it. Sauté well until the onions turn a light brown colour..
- Add the sliced Serrano chilli pepper and the smoked paprika. Alternatively, you can use fresh jalapeño pepper and chipotle.
- Next, using a spider spoon or a slotted spoon, remove your beans from the water and add them all to the saucepan. Add enough salt to flavour the beans. Do not discard all that flavourful water! We have a use for it..
- Using a spatula or a flat spoon, gently begin mashing the beans in the saucepan. Add a tablespoon at a time of water (that the beans cooked in) and continue mashing until the water has been absorbed by the dish..
- Now, you can make the dish as watery or thick as you want or as smooth or grainy as you like. This depends on how much water you add and how much you mash..
- Continue adding the flavoured water and mashing the beans until it reached your desired consistency. I personally made them grainy because I love some texture in the beans! I also made it pretty firm so I added lesser water..
- Once you reach your desired consistency, your dish is ready! Remove from heat and let cool before you add it to your tacos 😉.
If you find this Vegan Refried Beans recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.