Recipe of Lorena's Refried Beans Homemade
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lorena's Refried Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lorena's Refried Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who indicated concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some changes. These types of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is definitely as good an area to start as any. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to merely the kitchen area. You should change your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. They cost a little bit more in the beginning, but they last ten times longer, and use much less electricity. One of the advantages is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will certainly end up at a landfill site. Together with different light bulbs, you should learn to leave the lights off when they are not needed. The family spends a lot of time in the cooking area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house at the same time. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little things that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living is not really that tough. Largely, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lorena's refried beans recipe. To cook lorena's refried beans you need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lorena's Refried Beans:
- You need 1/2 pound of Pinto beans.
- Prepare 4 quarts of water Drinking.
- Take 2 of tomato Roma.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Get 2 of Serrano Peppers Jalapeño or.
- Provide 4 tbs of Olive Oil.
- Provide of Salt.
Instructions to make Lorena's Refried Beans:
- Most pinto beans need to be cleaned and checked for rocks before cooking. I put them on the counter and slide beans into a colander, remove any rocks or debris and rinse..
- The bean to water ratio varies but I usually add one part beans to 5 parts water to 4 quart pot or slow cooker. Add onion, tomatos and garlic clove to water and cook on high heat..
- When boiling, turn down heat to low and cook for 3-4 hours, checking water levels. Add more drinking water as necessary..
- When beans are soft, add three generous teaspoons of salt. Let water reboil, and taste again. Usually I add more salt. During the re-frying the beans loose flavor so if you over-salt the beans while cooking it is OK!.
- In 2 tall pans coated with olive oils, fry jalapeños on high heat until blackened on both sides..
- Ladle in cooked beans. CAREFUL, they will sizzle. That's how you'll know its hot enough. The pot should look like 3 parts broth to one part beans. Cover and turn down to medium heat until broth evaporates. When ready should look like half beans and half broth..
- Thoroughly mash beans with potato masher or electric hand blender..
It's naturally gluten-free, vegetarian and can also be made vegan if you'd like. I'm going to attempt making refried beans this weekend, if anyone has experience making these please. After trying these, chances are you'll say bye to canned beans forever. Refried beans are like the mashed potatoes of Mexican and Tex-Mex cooking: they're a versatile, addictive, and delicious side dish. Refried beans, or frijoles refritos as they're known in Spanish.
If you find this Lorena's Refried Beans recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.