Recipe of My Mom's Soothing Okra Sambar Homemade
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for My Mom's Soothing Okra Sambar recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best My Mom's Soothing Okra Sambar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Mom's Soothing Okra Sambar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Money.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared obligation we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. These types of changes need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Maybe the food just isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, however it will save you money to use it over your oven. If you find out it will take 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you’ll look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. Especially if you make certain the dishwasher is full previous to starting a cycle. Preserve even more money by air drying as well as cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living is not really that tough. A lot of it is merely utilizing common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to my mom's soothing okra sambar recipe. You can have my mom's soothing okra sambar using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make My Mom's Soothing Okra Sambar:
- Use 250 gms of okra cut into cubes.
- Get 2 cups of tamarind water.
- You need of As needed: Salt.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of gingelly oil.
- Get 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Take of Seasoning.
- Provide 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of chana dal.
- Get 2 tsp of urad dal.
- Get 1/4 tsp of asafoetida/hing.
- Get 2 of Green chillies slit lengthwise.
- Get 1 sprig of curry leaves.
Instructions to make My Mom's Soothing Okra Sambar:
- In a pot, add oil and put in the items given under seasoning section. Wait till the dals become golden brown..
- Add in the chopped okra and mix well. Toss until okra is cooked well to about 80%. Make sure it is not completely cooked as it turns mushy..
- Add in the tamarind water and let it boil covered until the raw smell goes off. Now, add in turmeric powder along with required amount of salt..
- Finally, when all the raw smell have gone of turmeric, turn off heat and close it until serving..
- Tip: note that this sambar is supposed to be watery as against the usual thick varieties. The runny texture and the thick okra blend well with rice. The more thicker it becomes, the proper taste of okra is lost. Also, add no other seasoning like sambar powder or cilantro/coriander leaves. They take the authentic taste away from this recipe..
The star of the dish is drumsticks or muringakka. It can be made with homemade or store-bought sambar powder. I usually have mom's homemade sambar powder in stock to always get that special taste of home. You can add a wide variety of vegetables to the sambar and it will still taste good. Undoubtedly, my favorite sambar is the one that is served at Saravana Bhavan,. typically carrots, beans, okra, eggplant, tomatoes and onions.
If you find this My Mom's Soothing Okra Sambar recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.