Simple Way to Make Caramelized figs with rum and cinnamon Perfect
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Caramelized figs with rum and cinnamon recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Caramelized figs with rum and cinnamon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caramelized figs with rum and cinnamon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Choose To Eat.
The one thing that some of you may already recognize is that by consuming the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the various foods that you will get at all of those take out places. These types of foods are packed with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. You will be delighted to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you ought to be ingesting every day.
Furthermore when it comes to having a dessert after your meals you should think about having various citrus fruits. Citrus fruits in addition provide you with vitamin C, as well as other vitamins as well as minerals that can help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always loved is orange pieces mixed together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a mild honey dressing.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. Also if you remove all the refined food that you should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caramelized figs with rum and cinnamon recipe. To make caramelized figs with rum and cinnamon you only need 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Caramelized figs with rum and cinnamon:
- Take 1 kg of figs (black, small and firm).
- Provide 500 g of sugar (preferably demerara).
- Get 100 ml of rum (a little less than 1/2 cup).
- Prepare of zest of one lemon.
- Get of zest of 1 orange.
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon sticks.
Steps to make Caramelized figs with rum and cinnamon:
- Pick figs that are small and preferably black..
- Clean them as best as you can using kitchen paper that you have already moistened. Cut and remove the stem trying to not cut through the surface of the fig at that point. If you do, the figs will open up and break during cooking..
- Place them in a pot with a thick bottom but low sides, large enough to fit all of them (look at the tips). Don't pour them in, just arrange them one next to the other, bottom down, with the stem facing upwards..
- Sprinkle them with rum and pour the sugar on top of them, distributing it evenly over all, the rum will help keep it in place as well as on top of the figs..
- Cover the pot and set the figs aside to rest and "get drunk" overnight. If you start making your jam on a Saturday morning or if you don't have all this time available, don't rush it, they will require at least 2-3 hours..
- On the next day turn on the heat very low and after adding the cinnamon and the zest, watch them simmer..
- From time to time, shake the figs so that they are thoroughly drenched with the syrup. How to do that? Just lift the pot and make a couple of small but strong and decisive circular moves. You can either do that or move it back and forth or even use a wooden spoon to push the figs lightly but very carefully so that you don't punch a hole in them by mistake or taking a little syrup at a time and sprinling it on them..
- Continue with the simmering – shaking – sprinkling until the sugar dissolves completely, it will take about an hour for that. When that time has passed you have to be careful. The syrup will (and should) start getting thicker and it will thicken quite a bit, but it shouldn't caramelize too much. So, keep an eye on it and be careful..
- When a very thick (but still liquid) syrup has formed (it took me 8 minutes but time varies depending on the cooker and can reach or take more than 10 minutes) and the figs have a dark colour, then they are ready..
- Place the figs in sterilized jars and cover them with the caramelized syrup. With 1 kg of fresh figs you will fill up about 4 small jars of 250 ml each. Of course, it depends on the size of the figs (larger figs have more empty space in the jar, so less figs per jar)..
- Seal the jars hermetically and turn them upside down for at least 5 minutes so that you create a vacuum inside..
- Store in a cool place for a few months..
If you find this Caramelized figs with rum and cinnamon recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.