Recipe of Christmas Pudding Super Quick Homemade
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Christmas Pudding recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Christmas Pudding recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. These types of adjustments need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Let us begin with something not that hard, changing the light bulbs. This will go beyond the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent style, which really should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost a little bit more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. It goes further than merely exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is definitely another good thing to do. The kitchen lights in particular are often left on the entire day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. This likewise happens in the rest of the house, but we’re trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is not really that hard. A lot of it truly is basically making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to christmas pudding recipe. To cook christmas pudding you need 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Christmas Pudding:
- Get of shredded suet, vegetarian is fine.
- Take of dessert spoon mixed spice.
- Take of grated nutmeg.
- Get of ground cinnamon.
- Provide of self raising flour.
- Get of soft Brown sugar (I used muscovado).
- You need of white breadcrumbs (from stale bread) **.
- Take of sultanas.
- Get of currants.
- Use of glace cherries, quartered.
- Take of chopped almonds.
- You need of chopped candied mixed peel.
- Provide of Finely grated peel (zest) of 1 orange and 1 lemon.
- Use of green Apple, peeled cored and finely chopped.
- Use of eggs.
- Take of stout (I used Guinness) ##.
- Take of brandy or dark rum, or substitute orange juice.
- Take of brandy or rum, for 'Flaming'. Optional.
Steps to make Christmas Pudding:
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl, mix thoroughly, you can use your hands for this, add the fruit, candied peel and nuts, mix well, add the Apple and grated peel. Mix well, use a wooden spoon now..
- In another bowl or jug whisk the eggs, add the stout and brandy / rum and whisk again..
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Mixture should be 'dropping consistency, I.e just drop off spoon. If too stiff add drop more stout or orange juice..
- It is traditional for all family members to 'Stir and make a wish' at this point.
- Cover bowl with cling film or a damp cloth, leave overnight for flavours to develope, stir again..
- Grease two 2 pint pudding basins, fill to brim with mixture, pack it down if necessary, cover with a disc of greaseproof paper, cover with aluminium foil or a pudding cloth, tie with string below the rim,fold the foil or cloth over the top. If using a flat bottom basin you can place a disc of greaseproof paper at the bottom to ease tipping out the pudding, remove before step 11 ignition !.
- You now have a choice, either steam the puddings for 8 hours, make sure they don't boil dry. Or, cook in a pressure cooker, cook without pressure for 30 minutes, then at full (15 lb) pressure for 90 minutes..
- When cooked and cooled remove foil/ cloth and paper and replace with fresh. Store in a cool, dry place, will keep 12 months or more if stored correctly..
- When required either steam for two hours or pressure cook at full (15lb) pressure for 20 minutes, allow to de-pressurise before opening..
- Remove foil / cloth and paper, place a large plate on top, invert and shake out pudding..
- Now the 'Best Bit, pour over two tablespoons of brandy or rum and carefully ignite. This step is optional.Allow to flame out, cut in to wedges and serve..
- Serve with your choice of custard, cream(whipped or runny) and/ or brandy butter..
- This pudding is very rich, so be aware when serving !.
- Will post photo of 'actual' pudding when dished up on Christmas day (if I remember !).
- If you don't have a stale loaf, make breadcrumbs from fresh bread and dry, without colouring, in a low oven. *.
- ## You can use 5 fl oz Barley wine (if you can find it !) and 5 fl oz stout ##.
For all the fans out there, this is a recipe to die for. Rich, moist, full of flavour and colour and simply scrumptious. Christmas pudding is an old British tradition. There is a lot of symbolism connected to this famous pudding. It has been an important part of the Christmas celebrations for centuries.
If you find this Christmas Pudding recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.