Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Pan Mee Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pan Mee Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
A lot of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we have to keep away from them. Often, if your comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely nourishing and good for you. There are several foods that actually can raise your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, try a couple of these.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were just anticipating to read that here, weren't you? Green tea is loaded with a particular amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies show that this specific amino acid can basically induce brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You likely already knew it is not difficult to become healthy when you consume green tea. Now you are aware that green tea helps you to lift your moods too!
So you see, you don't need to eat all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try these tips instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to pan mee soup recipe. To cook pan mee soup you need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pan Mee Soup:
- You need of minced meat.
- Take of minced garlic.
- Get of dried chilies, sliced or chopped (if using flakes, try to find some with less seeds and more chili pieces).
- Provide of minced onion.
- Use of sliced shiitake mushrooms (preferably dried & soaked overnight. Reserve soaking liquid).
- Provide of dried anchovies (I prefer to grind up the anchovies using a food processor. If not available, you can replace it with some fried bacon. Please adjust salt content accordingly).
- Prepare of pucuk manis (can be substituted with baby/round spinach).
- Use of anchovy/fish bouillon cubes.
- Use of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- Use of salt.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Use of Optional: eggs/tofu.
- Get of Egg/rice noodles.
Instructions to make Pan Mee Soup:
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of the oil in a soup pot. Stir fry 2 tbsp of garlic until fragrant then add the minced meat and 1/2 the anchovies. Sauté until cooked then add the mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the meat is slightly browned. Season well with soy sauce and white pepper. You can add a few tablespoons of water/the soaking liquid from the mushrooms if it gets too dry. Remove all but 1/4 cup of the mixture and set aside..
- In the pot with the remaining 1/4 cup of the mixture, add the bouillon cubes & 6 cups of water (you can also use the mushroom soaking liquid & top up water to get 6 cups). Allow the water to come to a boil and add spinach / pucuk manis. Cook for a few minutes until the color changes to a darker green, then turn off the heat and season the soup..
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil. It’s ok if it seems like a lot. Once hot,sauté onions and remaining anchovies and garlic until browned and slightly crispy. Add chili and sauté for a few minutes. Be prepared for the chili to make you cough! Season with soy sauce/salt/white pepper and sugar, if desired..
- To serve SOUP VERSION: you can either boil all the noodles in a separate pot and eat all immediately or ladle some of the soup into a separate smaller pot and boil them in individual servings. Boil the noodles in the soup and add an egg/some tofu to poach in once the noodles are almost done. Ladle the minced meat/chili on top as desired.
- To serve DRY version: boil the noodles separately and once cooked, immediately mix with the toppings - minced meat & chili. You can poach an egg and add it on top.
If you find this Pan Mee Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.